Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
stallionsden

stallionsden

3 hours ago, zztong said:

Ah yes, those are "Decorations" built in the Prefab Editor in the same way as POIs. You're right, that is certainly possible.

Less clear to me, as somebody who has made Decorations, is how large a Decoration can be. I know @stallionsden has made larger Decorations and probably found some technical and/or practical limit. TFP's building remnant Decorations tend to have a footprint of something like 8x8.

Yes 30x30 is the max Deco size biome.xml can handle hard coded. I believe it was done for the likes of cutting into hills and mountains etc if it got bigger then that depending where it would spawn. 

Yeh biome deco you place the deco in the biome you want it to spawn easily enough. as for the rest well we can only hope tfp add that option to the pois themselves for biome control. Yes there was a way prior to a20 to do it but not a20 onwards in vanilla. allowedbiomes property the line was back in a19 and prior tho no longer functions

stallionsden

stallionsden

3 hours ago, zztong said:

Ah yes, those are "Decorations" built in the Prefab Editor in the same way as POIs. You're right, that is certainly possible.

Less clear to me, as somebody who has made Decorations, is how large a Decoration can be. I know @stallionsden has made larger Decorations and probably found some technical and/or practical limit. TFP's building remnant Decorations tend to have a footprint of something like 8x8.

Yes 30x30 is the max Deco size biome.xml can handle hard coded. I believe it was done for the likes of cutting into hills and mountains etc if it got bigger then that depending where it would spawn.