Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

1 hour ago, rah2644 said:

Dang, I just like the desert best for home base.  Sightlines, open feel and whatnot, but don't want to screw myself on looting endgame so thanks.  Just dont like building my base in wasteland or traveling >2km for each top level quest.  Keep trying to make random gen maps, but its so not random lol.  Same percentages get you same map every time.  Figure if I can get one with a desert city or two close to a large wasteland city could work well I guess.

Basically wanting the building to be 4-5skull, and +1 or 2

*so a T6 quest in wasteland will be harder and better loot than a t6 quest in desert?  Those are my endgame usually

To answer the last question, yes.  At least up to the point where loot stops mattering because you already have the best stuff.  You will eventually be at the point where you can loot the best stuff no matter where you are, including the forest.  At that point, home has no real effect other than how it looks and certain enemies that only spawn in certain biomes.  Biome difficulty has far more impact early in the game or even mid-game than it does late-game.

If you want to give it a try, Teragon is a third party map generator with tons of options that allow you to make a wide variety of maps.

Also, in case you missed it, they plan to add fast travel between traders, so it will be easier to quest in one area while you have your base on another.  Not sure yet if that will be in A22 or later, though.

Riamus

Riamus

1 hour ago, rah2644 said:

Dang, I just like the desert best for home base.  Sightlines, open feel and whatnot, but don't want to screw myself on looting endgame so thanks.  Just dont like building my base in wasteland or traveling >2km for each top level quest.  Keep trying to make random gen maps, but its so not random lol.  Same percentages get you same map every time.  Figure if I can get one with a desert city or two close to a large wasteland city could work well I guess.

Basically wanting the building to be 4-5skull, and +1 or 2

*so a T6 quest in wasteland will be harder and better loot than a t6 quest in desert?  Those are my endgame usually

To answer the last question, yes.  At least up to the point where loot stops mattering because you already have the best stuff.

If you want to give it a try, Teragon is a third party map generator with tons of options that allow you to make a wide variety of maps.

Also, in case you missed it, they plan to add fast travel between traders, so it will be easier to quest in one area while you have your base on another.  Not sure yet if that will be in A22 or later, though.