Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Laz Man

Laz Man

1 hour ago, User said:

Yeah, its kind of a neat idea. More special enemies/gameplay elements would definitely be a plus.

I personally am curious why they added the mutated zombie, since we already have an acid spitting archetype, and they dont really do anything other then do some radiation splash damage, and I'm pretty sure spider zombies dont climb up walls anymore? Could be wrong. Variety is good, so I'm happy we have them but these things make me think of more unique possibilities, my mind immediately goes to l4d2's zombie subclasses. Imagine a zombie that can displace you and bring you into dangerous situations like the smoker, or a zombie/screamer that if you disturb, summons a horde? Which would add some caution when exploring pois. You could even use  displacement to your advantage in a tricky situation, adding some fun gameplay complexity and risk as opposed to just shooting. As it stands,  I think the tier 5 pois are kind of meh is because the whole challenge is purely due to absurd numbers of zombies, at least from what I can tell, could be wrong. Hopefully tfp learns something from Blood Moons no matter how it performs, even though they're not the developers. It also really tanks performance in the higher tier pois, to facillitate the sheer amount of zombies, so I'd be all for more individual threats over sheer numbers.

We have had plans for zombies with special abilities in the base game for a while now, its just other things have been given higher priorities.  Hopefully some of those special abilities still come to fruition at some point.  We will see how things come together once bandits are introduced as that will allow us to create different experiences, especially the ranged bandits. 😎

Laz Man

Laz Man

1 hour ago, User said:

Yeah, its kind of a neat idea. More special enemies/gameplay elements would definitely be a plus.

I personally am curious why they added the mutated zombie, since we already have an acid spitting archetype, and they dont really do anything other then do some radiation splash damage, and I'm pretty sure spider zombies dont climb up walls anymore? Could be wrong. Variety is good, so I'm happy we have them but these things make me think of more unique possibilities, my mind immediately goes to l4d2's zombie subclasses. Imagine a zombie that can displace you and bring you into dangerous situations like the smoker, or a zombie/screamer that if you disturb, summons a horde? Which would add some caution when exploring pois. You could even use  displacement to your advantage in a tricky situation, adding some fun gameplay complexity and risk as opposed to just shooting. As it stands,  I think the tier 5 pois are kind of meh is because the whole challenge is purely due to absurd numbers of zombies, at least from what I can tell, could be wrong. Hopefully tfp learns something from Blood Moons no matter how it performs, even though they're not the developers. It also really tanks performance in the higher tier pois, to facillitate the sheer amount of zombies, so I'd be all for more individual threats over sheer numbers.

We have had plans for zombies with special abilities in the base game for a while now, its just other things have been given higher priorities.  Hopefully some of those special abilities still come to fruition at some point.