Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Syphon583

Syphon583

On 3/12/2024 at 6:42 AM, Peter Daines said:

Also, would it be possible in the future to add a trapdoor with spikes under it? Something that would be invisible to the eyes of the hostiles so they would step on it and fall through? Or maybe remotly open it by myself when a zombie/zombies are standing on it? (This idea I wrote because zombies are smart and they are bypassing digged holes).

In addition to what meganoth said, if you really wanted to have a "trap door" experience, you could rig up a powered door (either steel or garage) and position it sideways over a hole with spikes. You just have to make sure it is anchored to a solid block (it won't sit directly on top of spikes). Then you connect the door to a motion sensor that is pointed at the door and set to only trigger when enemies/animals come into view. Set up correctly, when the camera sees an enemy, the door will power on and open up. Anything standing on the door will fall into the pit with spikes.

Keep in mind, though, spikes will take awhile to outright kill stronger enemies, and you'll be repairing them constantly. And you also have to make sure that the path over the door is the only viable path for the zombies. If they have other ways to get into your base, they will always choose the most optimal path which may not be over your trap.

Syphon583

Syphon583

On 3/12/2024 at 6:42 AM, Peter Daines said:

Also, would it be possible in the future to add a trapdoor with spikes under it? Something that would be invisible to the eyes of the hostiles so they would step on it and fall through? Or maybe remotly open it by myself when a zombie/zombies are standing on it? (This idea I wrote because zombies are smart and they are bypassing digged holes).

In addition to what meganoth said, if you really wanted to have a "trap door" experience, you could rig up a powered door (either steel or garage) and position it sideways over a hole with spikes. You just have to make sure it is anchored to a solid block (it won't sit directly on top of spikes). Then you connect the door to a motion sensor that is pointed at the door and set to only trigger when enemies/animals come into view. Set up correctly, when the camera sees an enemy, the door will power on and open up. Anything standing on the door will fall into the pit with spikes.

Keep in mind, though, spikes will take awhile to outright kill stronger enemies, and you'll be repairing them constantly.