Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

1 hour ago, LuvShiramine said:

In response, of the 2 posts you've said i want to make a few points

Even if 64 zombies works and the ai doesn't bug, stand still or just not update its pathing, that's only 6 zombies, and in optimal fashion lets assume that these zombies aren't the bugged ones, there's no guaranty that this zombie will even reach the block its trying to break, or stick to it, or have another one finish its job, i don't want to say "and its not 100% going to be attacking something optimal" because that brings us back to engineer zombies.

so that's a huge problem with the buggy ai. and it would barely make a difference on its own, you'd need to raise the horde cap to like 72, and update the ai so it doesn't bug, then increase this to like 25% to see a concrete difference in this. 

Not sure what you mean with buggy AI. There was the very problematic bug in the A16 AI which you mentioned as well, but I don't remember any serious bug now, neither did you seem to have mention one in this thread. Whatever the AI does now is mostly what the developers intended, so it's by definition not a bug, at most a disagreement between your and their vision

I found this to be engaging in its own way, (im not saying it was flawless, no this entire article i've been leaning into the idea of a16 ai) and the qualities it had, because it felt more like a hold out, kind of stressful where you had to be aware at all sides, because like you said they run quite literally right at you, into your walls stairs ramps fences perimeters ect... but obviously like you said certain stuff like spike walls and stuff countered it very very well, and the big old jumped up block meta, however demos spiders and vultures we have now could make that mildly less effective

speaking of traps and spikes a zombie that could charge though traps and slam into your walls with that charge would be kinda cool and interactive, like literally just copy and paste the charger from left 4 dead, but he flings your spikes and cant get electrocuted by fences 

?? The demolisher already charges through spike traps without taking damage.

yes and no, if you tried to over build sometimes the zombies would just chew through everything and you were helpless , some times the boring based with 99999 spikes and a cube so you could see all your sides yes, BUT like i said new demos and vultures (with a buff ) chewing open your walls and a 1-2 more special infected could change up that meta to something more unique, however to achieve that +that true hold out stress inducing gameplay you need more underlying mechanics and game health changes 

As you said "could". In my opinion demos with A16 AI would just mean you would need stronger defense blocks all around (and if you already were at steel you would need to use thicker walls). No new meta, just more wall. Exactly because he can hit any point of the wall, any point has to withstand the normal damage plus the additional damage of the demo.

meganoth

meganoth

In response, of the 2 posts you've said i want to make a few points

Even if 64 zombies works and the ai doesn't bug, stand still or just not update its pathing, that's only 6 zombies, and in optimal fashion lets assume that these zombies aren't the bugged ones, there's no guaranty that this zombie will even reach the block its trying to break, or stick to it, or have another one finish its job, i don't want to say "and its not 100% going to be attacking something optimal" because that brings us back to engineer zombies.

so that's a huge problem with the buggy ai. and it would barely make a difference on its own, you'd need to raise the horde cap to like 72, and update the ai so it doesn't bug, then increase this to like 25% to see a concrete difference in this. 

Not sure what you mean with buggy AI. There was the very problematic bug in the A16 AI which you mentioned as well, but I don't remember any serious bug now, neither did you seem to have mention one in this thread. Whatever the AI does now is mostly what the developers intended, so it's by definition not a bug, at most a disagreement between your and their vision

I found this to be engaging in its own way, (im not saying it was flawless, no this entire article i've been leaning into the idea of a16 ai) and the qualities it had, because it felt more like a hold out, kind of stressful where you had to be aware at all sides, because like you said they run quite literally right at you, into your walls stairs ramps fences perimeters ect... but obviously like you said certain stuff like spike walls and stuff countered it very very well, and the big old jumped up block meta, however demos spiders and vultures we have now could make that mildly less effective

speaking of traps and spikes a zombie that could charge though traps and slam into your walls with that charge would be kinda cool and interactive, like literally just copy and paste the charger from left 4 dead, but he flings your spikes and cant get electrocuted by fences 

?? The demolisher already charges through traps without taking damage.

yes and no, if you tried to over build sometimes the zombies would just chew through everything and you were helpless , some times the boring based with 99999 spikes and a cube so you could see all your sides yes, BUT like i said new demos and vultures (with a buff ) chewing open your walls and a 1-2 more special infected could change up that meta to something more unique, however to achieve that +that true hold out stress inducing gameplay you need more underlying mechanics and game health changes 

As you said "could". In my opinion demos with A16 AI would just mean you would need stronger defense blocks all around (and if you already were at steel you would need to use thicker walls). No new meta, just more wall. Exactly because he can hit any point of the wall, any point has to withstand the normal damage plus the additional damage of the demo.