Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

17 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

I had the opposite experience.  In A16 I'd try all different kinds of base designs to see if they work, trying to get the zombies to behave how I wanted.  Since A17, I know how they'll work, and they all end up basically the same, funneling the zombies into an intended killzone.

Where there problems with the A16 AI?  Of course there were.  Building a stilt base or an underground base would completely break the zombie AI.  I'd have preferred an update that gave them vertical awareness but didn't make them brilliant structural engineers who always go to the weakest point.

Not much can help once you tried out all base designs and know everything about the zombie behaviour and their limits. A game can't help getting very familiar once you play it for hundreds of hours.

17 hours ago, LuvShiramine said:

This post is exactly how I feel about the current zombies, just feels samey no matter what you do, not engaging, and when you're one of those people who love difficult experiences with high block damage max count on insane, it still isn't that difficult.

I want blood moons to be dread as "is this the day my base will fall?" Where you're actually encouraged to upgrade and prepare that's a really fun aspect of the base, and when you do fail it's "how can I do better and improve?" It's a very underutilized aspect I think the devs need to lean into 

Partly that is a problem of TFP making the game accessible to beginners and (at least until now) not balancing the higher difficulties. Since zombie behaviour is moddable as well in limits, someone will probably make a mod for that or you will find it in one of the overhauls. A problem for example is that you have practically endless ammo (because the game is sandboxy but also because of the balancing).  And TFP balances it so you are supposed to be OP at the end of progression (which is easily rushable with the help of the trader).

And nothing can help someone if he checks out the best base designs on the internet and rebuilds them because those specifically exploit everything the game has to offer. That is one reason why I never watch youtubers and hate that a friend does and often employs that knowledge making the end bases of our group snoozefests as well. That doesn't happen in my single player games where I try to make every design unique by using a POI as raw frame for a base. I sometimes get overrun because some construct fails, with that in mind I often build with backup positions and I do need them. But I have fun and I couldn't even set the zombies on high block damage or I would be overrun much too often.

meganoth

meganoth

9 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

I had the opposite experience.  In A16 I'd try all different kinds of base designs to see if they work, trying to get the zombies to behave how I wanted.  Since A17, I know how they'll work, and they all end up basically the same, funneling the zombies into an intended killzone.

Where there problems with the A16 AI?  Of course there were.  Building a stilt base or an underground base would completely break the zombie AI.  I'd have preferred an update that gave them vertical awareness but didn't make them brilliant structural engineers who always go to the weakest point.

Not much can help once you tried out all base designs and know everything about the zombie behaviour and their limits. A game can't help getting very familiar once you play it for hundreds of hours.

9 hours ago, LuvShiramine said:

This post is exactly how I feel about the current zombies, just feels samey no matter what you do, not engaging, and when you're one of those people who love difficult experiences with high block damage max count on insane, it still isn't that difficult.

I want blood moons to be dread as "is this the day my base will fall?" Where you're actually encouraged to upgrade and prepare that's a really fun aspect of the base, and when you do fail it's "how can I do better and improve?" It's a very underutilized aspect I think the devs need to lean into 

Partly that is a problem of TFP making the game accessible to beginners and (at least until now) not balancing the higher difficulties. Since zombie behaviour is moddable as well in limits, someone will probably make a mod for that or you will find it in one of the overhauls. A problem for example is that you have practically endless ammo (because the game is sandboxy but also because of the balancing).  And TFP balances so you are supposed to be OP at the end of progression (which is easily rushable with the help of the trader).

And nothing can help someone if he checks out the best base designs on the internet and rebuilds them because those specifically exploit everything the game has to offer. That is one reason why I never watch youtubers and hate that a friend does and often employs that knowledge making the end bases of our group snoozefests as well. That doesn't happen in my single player games where I try to make every design unique by using a POI as raw frame for a base. I sometimes get overrun because some construct fails, with that in mind I often build with backup positions and I do need them. But I have fun and I couldn't even set the zombies on high block damage or I would be overrun much too often.

meganoth

meganoth

9 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

Nothing can help once you tried out all base designs and know everything. A game can't help getting very familiar once you play it for hundreds of hours.

8 hours ago, LuvShiramine said:

Partly that is a problem of TFP making the game accessible to beginners and (at least until now) not balancing the higher difficulties. Since zombie behaviour is moddable as well in limits, someone will probably make a mod for that or you will find it in one of the overhauls. A problem for example is that you have practically endless ammo (because the game is sandboxy but also because of the balancing).  And TFP balances so you are supposed to be OP at the end of progression (which is easily rushable with the help of the trader).

meganoth

meganoth

8 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

Nothing can help once you tried out all base designs and know everything. A game can't help getting very familiar once you play it for hundreds of hours.

8 hours ago, LuvShiramine said:

Partly that is a problem of TFP making the game accessible to beginners and (at least until now) not balancing the higher difficulties. Since zombie behaviour is moddable as well in limits, someone will probably make a mod for that or you will find it in one of the overhauls. A problem for example is that you have practically endless ammo (partly a problem of being sandboxy but also the balancing) and are supposed to be OP in endgame.