Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

48 minutes ago, vom said:

Acquire and wear the complete set for a bonus

This is bad game mechanics - you shouldn't be penalized because you don't like to wear a straw hat or blue coveralls.

This is common game mechanics, even if you don't like them.  Heh.  Full set bonus in have have been around at least a couple of decades.  I don't remember which game was the first to have them, but it has been a long time.  You will still get a variety of bonuses for each item from the looks of it.  You just won't get the full set bonus if you don't wear the full set.  That is a choice that you can make.  If the bonus is that important to you, then wear the full set.  You rarely see yourself anyhow except when driving.  If you care more about how you look, ignore the bonus. 

That being said, I have suggested that they consider a cosmetic option for armor that lets you display different pieces of armor/clothes than what you are wearing.  Many games give you that option and it would give players the choice to look the way they want while getting the bonuses they need or want.  After all, if you play with light armor, you won't get to experience the heavy armor styles, and vice versa. 

Riamus

Riamus

40 minutes ago, vom said:

Acquire and wear the complete set for a bonus

This is bad game mechanics - you shouldn't be penalized because you don't like to wear a straw hat or blue coveralls.

This is common have mechanics, even if you don't like them.  Heh.  You will still get a variety of bonuses for each item from the looks of it.  You just won't get the full set bonus if you don't wear the full set.  That is a choice that you can make.  If the bonus is that important to you, then wear the full set.  You rarely see yourself anyhow except when driving.  If you care more about how you look, ignore the bonus. 

That being said, I have suggested that they consider a cosmetic option for armor that lets you display different pieces of armor/clothes than what you are wearing.  Many games give you that option and it would give players the choice to look the way they want while getting the bonuses they need or want.