Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

1 hour ago, User said:

True, but in many cases you do loot everything. Ideally you wouldn't have to do that (put something back in). And it would instead remain a container after being looted. There's also no way to reverse it once you loot all. But yeah, that is a way to avoid it. It's just a little bit janky in the current implementation imo. Don't mean to be rude or anything.

It's just that TFP changed cabinets to be this way an alpha ago and there have not been mountains of complaints so I don't think this will change. Cabinets turn up in the hundreds while looting and this behaviour has clear advantages.  

The only concession to home stylists that I could see TFP doing would be to add a cabinet-skin to the craftable container. And even if they want to do that it could take a while. So in the meantime you have to either use mods or trick the game.

meganoth

meganoth

57 minutes ago, User said:

True, but in many cases you do loot everything. Ideally you wouldn't have to do that (put something back in). And it would instead remain a container after being looted. There's also no way to reverse it once you loot all. But yeah, that is a way to avoid it. It's just a little bit janky in the current implementation imo. Don't mean to be rude or anything.

It's just that TFP changed cabinets to be this way an alpha ago and there have not been mountains of complaints so I don't think this will change. Cabinets turn up in the hundreds while looting and this behaviour has clear advantages.  

The only concession to home stylists that I could see TFP doing would be to add a cabinet-skin to the craftable container. And even if they do it it could take a while. So in the meantime you have to either use mods or trick the game.