Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Fanatical_Meat

Fanatical_Meat

1 hour ago, doughphunghus said:

Actually, maybe a "swimming debuff" if wearing armor/clothes. You jump in with heavy armor... down you go. In this way "normal naked swimming" can be made faster/use stamina, but all clothing/armor weighs you down making it harder to swim "up" :). Maybe even "no swim animation" if the armor/clothes is too heavy, so you never leave the ground and can walk around underwater (while holding breath). This would make a "scuba" apparatus/mod look correct: wear it without heavy armor: swim, else "walk" on bottom.

and if boats are added, you wear armor and fall off in the middle of the ocean. down you go.

this is why a sea creature (other than zeds swimming) needs to exist: to punish if swim slow or walk under water. My vote is "zombie turtle or alligator" but since snakes are in the game it would probably be just a snake. Of course, the shark will always be welcome (something has to tip the boat over.... if there was a boat)

Does anyone swim enough for that to matter?

are there ever lakes large enough that you need a boat?

If you have a boat will it still be fun/cool to use it for the 30th trip?

I say finish up one 7D2D, double down on whatever unannounced games and get an early access going for a game with a modern engine that can generate worlds large enough to need a boat or need players to swim large distances to cross rivers. Then we can talk about swim animations and modes of travel for water.

Fanatical_Meat

Fanatical_Meat

50 minutes ago, doughphunghus said:

Actually, maybe a "swimming debuff" if wearing armor/clothes. You jump in with heavy armor... down you go. In this way "normal naked swimming" can be made faster/use stamina, but all clothing/armor weighs you down making it harder to swim "up" :). Maybe even "no swim animation" if the armor/clothes is too heavy, so you never leave the ground and can walk around underwater (while holding breath). This would make a "scuba" apparatus/mod look correct: wear it without heavy armor: swim, else "walk" on bottom.

and if boats are added, you wear armor and fall off in the middle of the ocean. down you go.

this is why a sea creature (other than zeds swimming) needs to exist: to punish if swim slow or walk under water. My vote is "zombie turtle or alligator" but since snakes are in the game it would probably be just a snake. Of course, the shark will always be welcome (something has to tip the boat over.... if there was a boat)

Does anyone swim enough for that to matter?

are there ever lakes large enough that you need a boat?

If you have a boat will it still be fun/cool to use it for the 30th trip?

I say finish up one 7D2D, double down on whatever unannounced games and get an early access going for a game with a modern engine that can generate worlds large enough to need a boat or need players to swim large distances to cross rivers. The. We can talk about swim animations and modes of travel for water.