Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

On 2/23/2024 at 7:21 AM, rafineria888 said:

If done right that would be good because it would solve the biggest problem but it's not enough.

I can get 120 fps in the best possible scenario (I expect 200~300) so it's still a big problem that won't be solved with tricks.

I doubt you will ever see 200-300 fps with your current hardware. 7D2D is not a shooter, it is a survival/shooter/crafting/... game mix that won't need 200 FPS to be played. If TFP finds more optimizing options I am sure they will try to get more graphics quality or more concurrent zombies into the game instead of reaching 200 FPS. In other words, they have different priorities than you.

Once this game is released, wait a few years for hardware with bigger caches, improved RAM and SSD speed. Maybe then you will see 200 fps

Minecraft has some extremely cool mods that improve fps with super extreme render distance with more than 300 fps or with extreme TNT explosions.
7dtd need such "mods" in it's core. I can't imagine alpha 24 without major fps improvement.

Minecraft is a good comparison as it is one of the few other games with a fully voxel word. Now find a modder to push its graphics quality, physics (SI) and enemy AI to the level of 7d2d and then we can compare FPS.

meganoth

meganoth

If done right that would be good because it would solve the biggest problem but it's not enough.

I can get 120 fps in the best possible scenario (I expect 200~300) so it's still a big problem that won't be solved with tricks.

I doubt you will ever see 200-300 fps with your current hardware. 7D2D is not a shooter, it is a survival/shooter/crafting/... game mix that won't need 200 FPS to be played. If TFP finds more optimizing options I am sure they will try to get more graphics quality or more concurrent zombies into the game instead of reaching 200 FPS. In other words, they have different priorities than you.

Once this game is released, wait a few years for hardware with bigger caches, improved RAM and SSD speed. Maybe then you will see 200 fps

Minecraft has some extremely cool mods that improve fps with super extreme render distance with more than 300 fps or with extreme TNT explosions.
7dtd need such "mods" in it's core. I can't imagine alpha 24 without major fps improvement.

Minecraft is a good comparison as it is one of the few other games with a fully voxel word. Now find a modder to push its graphics quality, physics and and enemy AI to the level of 7d2d and then we can compare FPS.

meganoth

meganoth

Minecraft is a good comparison as it is one of the few other games with a fully voxel word. Now find a modder to push its graphics quality and enemy AI to the level of 7d2d and then we can compare FPS.

meganoth

meganoth

Once this game is released, wait a few years for hardware with bigger caches, improved RAM and SSD speed. Maybe then you will see it.

Minecraft is a good comparison as it is one of the few other games with a fully voxel word. Now find a modder to push its graphics quality and enemy AI to the level of 7d2d and then we can compare FPS.

meganoth

meganoth

I doubt you will ever see 200-300 fps with your current hardware. 7D2D is not a shooter, it is a survival/shooter/crafting/... game mix that won't need 200 FPS to be played. If TFP finds more optimizing options I am sure they will try to get more graphics quality or more concurrent zombies into the game instead of keeping 200 FPS. In other words, they have different priorities than you.

Once this game is released, wait a few years for hardware with bigger caches, improved RAM and SSD speed. Maybe then you will see it.

meganoth

meganoth

I doubt you will ever see 200-300 fps with your current hardware. 7D2D is not a shooter, it is a survival/shooter/crafting/... game mix that won't need 144 FPS. If TFP finds more optimizing options I am sure they will try to get more graphics quality or more concurrent zombies into the game instead of keeping 200 FPS. In other words, they have different priorities than you.