Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
theFlu

theFlu

45 minutes ago, WarMongerian said:

So Image Shack and YT are part of "The Cloud" then?  I have a dim memory of reading the I could post stuff (screenshot's) to the cloud, but all that that really meant was just uploading things to some hosting site?

Kinda yes; you've got the gist. There's public sites like youtube, that will deliver the content to everyone; then there's private systems like when your apple devices upload things that you can use between your own devices privately.

I honestly don't have a clue if your meaning 'rumble' or that is a misspelled joke

I mean, it's a legit site, rumble.com; but it isn't wrong to call it a joke either, everything on the webs seems to be named as a joke since the dotcom boom ... :D

rumble.com, odysee.com are a couple sites that will happily host your vids. And if you're not faffed about creating a following there, they're just fine.

when I do get the things uploaded, I'll be using the "Other Media" button to post the links here to this forum?

This is what appears when I paste just the address from youtube, JaWoodle's latest 7dtd video (direct copy-paste of the address bar, as text into this text field):

I'd assume that'll suffice? :)

theFlu

theFlu

34 minutes ago, WarMongerian said:

So Image Shack and YT are part of "The Cloud" then?  I have a dim memory of reading the I could post stuff (screenshot's) to the cloud, but all that that really meant was just uploading things to some hosting site?

Kinda yes; you've got the gist. There's public sites like youtube, that will deliver the content to everyone; then there's private systems like when your apple devices upload things that you can use between your own devices privately.

37 minutes ago, WarMongerian said:

I honestly don't have a clue if your meaning 'rumble' or that is a misspelled joke

I mean, it's a legit site, rumble.com; but it isn't wrong to call it a joke either, everything on the webs seems to be named as a joke since the dotcom boom ... :D

rumble.com, odysee.com are a couple sites that will happily host your vids. And if you're not faffed about creating a following there, they're just fine.

43 minutes ago, WarMongerian said:

when I do get the things uploaded, I'll be using the "Other Media" button to post the links here to this forum?

This is what appears when I paste just the address from youtube, JaWoodle's latest 7dtd video (direct copy-paste of the address bar):

I'd assume that'll suffice? :)