Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
doughphunghus

doughphunghus

On 4/25/2024 at 8:02 AM, Gamida said:

Not sure how many game days you are in but I see you are still using level one tools. I am wondering if you might be progressing too fast as you are level 14 already.

And gamestage 18. Might new players not get some fairly high zombies their first horde night.

If not mistaken zombies are tied to gamestage now and not the day for hordes.

I agree as well...

Just some thoughts:

i have read on the forums that upping the XP setting ( as you have the XP set to 300%  Or just "higher than the default") can cause the player progression to grow too fast, actually making it harder. i have never set this "not the default" but it likely feels really good early game (player leveling up fast, skill points to spend), and then bites you hard at some point early game. Of course, you are playing new games frequently so it might be evening out in the end for your plans/setup.

i have also read that the first horde is "super easy" for new players to adjust to, but then after that its more "normal progression" so its possible that if you played a bit longer (3 horde nights) those settings might not feel good for new players. But then again: maybe it might be chaos and destroy them (all die) and its actually fun as it was a short/quick challenging game to play over and over vs "we played 80 hours to get to the hard part where we all died"?

doughphunghus

doughphunghus

On 4/25/2024 at 8:02 AM, Gamida said:

Not sure how many game days you are in but I see you are still using level one tools. I am wondering if you might be progressing too fast as you are level 14 already.

And gamestage 18. Might new players not get some fairly high zombies their first horde night.

If not mistaken zombies are tied to gamestage now and not the day for hordes.

Just some input:

i have read on the forums that upping the XP setting ( as you have the XP set to 300%  Or just "higher than the default") can cause the player progression to grow too fast, actually making it harder. i have never set this "not the default" but it likely feels really good early game (player leveling up fast, skill points to spend), and then bites you hard at some point early game. Of course, you are playing new games frequently so it might be evening out in the end for your plans/setup.

i have also read that the first horde is "super easy" for new players to adjust to, but then after that its more "normal progression" so its possible that if you played a bit longer (3 horde nights) those settings might not feel good for new players. But then again: maybe it might be chaos and destroy them (all die) and its actually fun as it was a short/quick challenging game to play over and over vs "we played 80 hours to get to the hard part where we all died"?