Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Gamida

Gamida

10 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

The only way i know is to remove all the spawn points but 1. I think all the spawn points are in the "saved game" folder, in a file called spawning.xml (i believe it was spawn in the name). 

there may? also be a teleport player command someone hosting the game can run (to just teleport all players to a location). Ive never used it though. Probably Use it in the debug console (hit FI, then type "dm" (without the quotes) to enter debug mode, then type "help" to list all commands. To exit debug mode, type "dm" again, then hit the "close" button to exit the console.

For image capture: i would just use your computers "screenshot" button (F11 or F12 i think.  Im not sure which one is steams vs the OS). Just hit the button and it takes a screenshot. 

alternatively? I have used "OBS" (its free) to stream the game. I believe you can stream it to a file, then maybe you can Edit the stream for video/pics (though i have not done that). You may want to turn down the "streaming quality" as the default in OBS is very high. There are recommendations online as to what to set it to, depending on what quality you want (and the cpu power you want to limit it to, or network bandwidth.)

I just checked one of my worlds and this is the folder it was in...

C:\Users\HomeUser\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds\GAMEWORLDNAME

GAMEWORLDNAME being the name of the world I was in. My example one was Zehayu Territory

This was what was in the spawnpoints.xml file.

image.thumb.png.99b8879e426cc552b7bd3d894f25474d.png

I would say that the host could pop in the game. Then close game and find that file with Notepad++ and then delete all the spawn points except the one that he spawned at. I don't think it is that hard to find out which one by checking his position on map ingame first.

Or they could do the teleport thing as mentioned.

Gamida

Gamida

10 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

The only way i know is to remove all the spawn points but 1. I think all the spawn points are in the "saved game" folder, in a file called spawning.xml (i believe it was spawn in the name). 

there may? also be a teleport player command someone hosting the game can run (to just teleport all players to a location). Ive never used it though. Probably Use it in the debug console (hit FI, then type "dm" (without the quotes) to enter debug mode, then type "help" to list all commands. To exit debug mode, type "dm" again, then hit the "close" button to exit the console.

For image capture: i would just use your computers "screenshot" button (F11 or F12 i think.  Im not sure which one is steams vs the OS). Just hit the button and it takes a screenshot. 

alternatively? I have used "OBS" (its free) to stream the game. I believe you can stream it to a file, then maybe you can Edit the stream for video/pics (though i have not done that). You may want to turn down the "streaming quality" as the default in OBS is very high. There are recommendations online as to what to set it to, depending on what quality you want (and the cpu power you want to limit it to, or network bandwidth.)

I just checked one of my worlds and this is the folder it was in...

C:\Users\HomeUser\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds\GAMEWORLDNAME

GAMEWORLDNAME being the name of the world I was in. My example one was Zehayu Territory

This was what was in the spawnpoints.xml file.

image.thumb.png.99b8879e426cc552b7bd3d894f25474d.png