One Trader Quest per day?

I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to restrict a trader to handing out one [random type within tier] quest to a player per day without impacting quest sharing to still incentivize cooperative questing in groups. Looking at the dialogues.xml file leads me to believe this may be at least partially possible, though it may effectively only be able to restrict to one quest offered per tier per player (per trader). Which is better than nothing when it comes to a starting point I guess.

Anyone have some insights/guidance or know of a mod that already accomplishes this? I'd prefer a strictly xml only solution if possible, though I have seen some trader mods using .dll files to modify the traders to have MORE quests, but I'm trying to avoid having to resort to learning how to decompile and reverse engineer .dll files on top of xml.

Ideally what I want to do is reduce the temptation for non stop obsessive quest grind AND alter the quest rewards to complement crafting/sandbox focused playstyles instead of obsoleting them like trader quest spam currently does. Please be advised, I am not going to have much patience with anyone derailing my request complaining/arguing that am somehow wrong for wanting to better balance the content - I am not forcing you to play with such a mod so no need for you to take personal umbrage at me altering my gameplay to suit my tastes.