Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

2 hours ago, Morloc said:

This is one of the disappointing things about crafting level 6 items. The purple crossbow below took 150 steel and over 25 minutes to craft. It's inferior to the level 4 that I was using. Similarly, I have a half-dozen purple steel clubs that don't hold up to a blue one I'd found.

Would the devs be willing to talk about the stat ranges on items?:

1) Found
2) Received as rewards
3) Crafted

image.thumb.jpeg.35014ae795b1672596ccc3c9a293f81a.jpeg

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

I think there is still the problem that loaded type of bolt also influences the comparison of damage. Load both with same type of bolt if you want to compare.

I say this because even in previous alphas (AFAIK) the random range was not enough to reach over two quality levels. And checking the XML right now the random variation currently is only 4%, which is much less than I remember. While each quality step adds 8% damage. If I read this correctly there is no overlap anymore:

<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_add" value="-.02,.02" tags="perkArchery"/> <!-- random EntityDmg -->
                <passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_add" value=".08,.4" tier="2,6" tags="perkArchery"/> <!-- tier bonus -->

meganoth

meganoth

This is one of the disappointing things about crafting level 6 items. The purple crossbow below took 150 steel and over 25 minutes to craft. It's inferior to the level 4 that I was using. Similarly, I have a half-dozen purple steel clubs that don't hold up to a blue one I'd found.

1) Found
2) Received as rewards
3) Crafted

Is the problem fixed that loaded type of bolt also influences the comparison of damage? If not, load both with same type of bolt.

I say this because even in previous alphas (AFAIK) the random range was not enough to reach over two quality levels. And checking the XML right now the random variation currently is only 4%, which is much less than I remember. While each quality step adds 8% damage. If I read this correctly there is no overlap anymore:

<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_add" value="-.02,.02" tags="perkArchery"/> <!-- random EntityDmg -->
                <passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_add" value=".08,.4" tier="2,6" tags="perkArchery"/> <!-- tier bonus -->

meganoth

meganoth

1) Found
2) Received as rewards
3) Crafted

Is the problem fixed that loaded type of bolt also influences the comparison of damage? If not, load both with same type of bolt.

I say this because even in previous alphas (AFAIK) the random range was not enough to reach over two quality levels. And checking the XML right now the random variation currently is only 2%, which is much less than I remember. While each quality step adds 8% damage. If I read this correctly there is no overlap anymore: