Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

4 hours ago, Ihuli said:

Why is it made so hard to report a bug? I shall upload output log etc? im a simple gamer, I dont konw what these things are. 

Requireing such a thing is okay if game is in Alpha. Playing a alpha game is somewhat like playtesting, thus bugs are to be expected and documented in a proper way, so the developer can work with it. 

Im not sensible when it comes to bugs. I have been playing this game since late alpha 13 and never felt the urge to report a bug. In a released game im expecting a way to report a bug in a easy way. Like just a small post or something, maybe with some screenshots. 

Im having verry bad experience with the drawbridge. Which cost me a day 26 game (i allways play with delet on death). When i activate it, often it does not open (going down). I get the animation, but at the end of the animation the bridge springs back to closed. sometimes the bridge is actualy open and you can walk through the air, sometimes not. I alswell had it once, that the bride showed to be open, but was not. This way the drawbridge isend usefull. I allways used it tho get over traps i build on my base. But lately i only die in my own traps becouse of this bug. This happens in difrent games with multiple drawbridges.

I dont know how to report this bug propper, as i dont want to use my time to learn how to do it, when it should be a finished game. 

Although I agree that the bug reporting here is a bit excessive, there is a pinned thread in the General Support forum that tells you how to get your log and post it for people.  Logs are critical in determining what the problem is.  Without that, it's just people making wild guesses, and the chances one of those guesses is correct will be very low.  As far as your comment about being in alpha, this game is technically still A22, regardless of name.  It will not be gold until they finish the roadmap.

Even if you don't want to report a bug, you could go to the bugs section to see what bugs are already reported and confirmed.  The drawbridge bug is a known bug that they are working to fix.

7 minutes ago, Exxodous said:

Regarding correct mod placement....  Could someone just post a screenshot of the path?  I've been trying to follow all this commentary and find the elusive %appdata% file with no particular luck  I'm currently using the old way it appears.

image.thumb.png.aab060e50ecdf185d49f63c1c1b52479.png

It would be great if someone could post like above where they should be installed.  Thanks

image.png.f3fdddd30a00baa4fc838a34fa126394.png

image.png.5c5865e9fdcc2bc0cba9f24cf86f2777.png

Not sure what version of Windows you use, so the easiest explanation is to just go to your file explorer and type in %appdata% where it shows your path (same as your screenshot) and hit Enter.  Then open 7DaysToDie and Mods.  %appdata% will have your username in the path, so trying to just show the path isn't as easy. :)

Riamus

Riamus

4 hours ago, Ihuli said:

Why is it made so hard to report a bug? I shall upload output log etc? im a simple gamer, I dont konw what these things are. 

Requireing such a thing is okay if game is in Alpha. Playing a alpha game is somewhat like playtesting, thus bugs are to be expected and documented in a proper way, so the developer can work with it. 

Im not sensible when it comes to bugs. I have been playing this game since late alpha 13 and never felt the urge to report a bug. In a released game im expecting a way to report a bug in a easy way. Like just a small post or something, maybe with some screenshots. 

Im having verry bad experience with the drawbridge. Which cost me a day 26 game (i allways play with delet on death). When i activate it, often it does not open (going down). I get the animation, but at the end of the animation the bridge springs back to closed. sometimes the bridge is actualy open and you can walk through the air, sometimes not. I alswell had it once, that the bride showed to be open, but was not. This way the drawbridge isend usefull. I allways used it tho get over traps i build on my base. But lately i only die in my own traps becouse of this bug. This happens in difrent games with multiple drawbridges.

I dont know how to report this bug propper, as i dont want to use my time to learn how to do it, when it should be a finished game. 

Although I agree that the bug reporting here is a bit excessive, there is a pinned thread in the General Support forum that tells you how to get your log and post it for people.  Logs are critical in determining what the problem is.  Without that, it's just people making wild guesses, and the chances one of those guesses is correct will be very low.  As far as your comment about being in alpha, this game is technically still A22, regardless of name.  It will not be gold until they finish the roadmap.

Even if you don't want to report a bug, you could go to the bugs section to see what bugs are already reported and confirmed.  The drawbridge bug is a known bug that they are working to fix.

4 minutes ago, Exxodous said:

Regarding correct mod placement....  Could someone just post a screenshot of the path?  I've been trying to follow all this commentary and find the elusive %appdata% file with no particular luck  I'm currently using the old way it appears.

image.thumb.png.aab060e50ecdf185d49f63c1c1b52479.png

It would be great if someone could post like above where they should be installed.  Thanks

image.png.f3fdddd30a00baa4fc838a34fa126394.png

image.png.5c5865e9fdcc2bc0cba9f24cf86f2777.png

Not sure what version of Windows you use, so the easiest explanation is to just go to your file explorer and type in %appdata% where it shows your path (same as your screenshot) and hit Enter.  Then open 7DaysToDie and Mods.