Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
gpcstargate

gpcstargate

5 hours ago, GigglingZombie said:

I most certainly do know about %appdata%, I've been in I.T. since long before Windows even existed 😁. I maybe didn't write my previous post as clearly as i could have.

Example of folders separated correctly ~

i have Joke Mod in "F:\games\7 Days to Die\7.Days.to.Die.a21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Joke.Mod"

it's mods (in "F:\games\7 Days to Die\7.Days.to.Die.a21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Joke.Mod\Mods") ~

0-CustomParticleLoader
AGF-A20HUDPlus-EPatch1.0.1
AGF-A21HUDPlus-Addon1.4.0
AGF-A21HUDPlus1.8.0
Alter_PictureInPictureScopes
donovan-longerlootbags
JaWoodleDye
Joke Mod
KHA21-HPBars
Secret Pr0n (this is part of Joke Mod !)
Zed-A21-OakravenMonoBikes

it's save folder (in "F:\games\7 Days to Die\UserDataFolder\7DTD-a21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Joke.Mod") ~

GeneratedWorlds
launchersettings.json
logs
Saves
SavesLocal
Screenshots
titlestorage
Twitch

The 2 relevant serverconfig.xml lines for Joke Mod's folder location ~

<property name="UserDataFolder"                    value="F:\games\7 Days to Die\UserDataFolder\7DTD-a21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Joke.Mod" />    <!-- Use this to override where the server stores all generated data, including RWG generated worlds. Do not forget to uncomment the entry! -->
<property name="SaveGameFolder"                    value="F:\games\7 Days to Die\UserDataFolder\7DTD-a21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Joke.Mod\Saves" />    <!-- Use this to only override the save game path. Do not forget to uncomment the entry! -->

I keep a separate shortcut for each version/overhaul, so for Joke Mod's shortcut to launch the game ~

Shortcut target ~

"F:\games\7 Days to Die\7.Days.to.Die.a21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Joke.Mod\7DaysToDie.exe" -configfile=serverconfig.xml

Shortcut "Start in" ~

"F:\games\7 Days to Die\7.Days.to.Die.a21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Joke.Mod"

So i probably didn't word my previous post re UserDatafolder as good as i should have, hopefully this makes more sense, and my way of doing things here is the accepted 7 Days method and is valid/correct, no files or mods are mixed up between the various versions ; it's decades since i last moderated one of Europe's largest forums (ie back when i was good at uploading photos to the internet to make things easier to explain), i haven't had a want or need to upload photo's of things anywhere on the net since then so im being lazy and typing, hopefully this now makes sense (without screenshots)

*** I'm glad of your post as that post, plus this reply by me (even without screenshots) will show anyone how to properly set up separate instances, it's appreciated, i wrote my previous reply whilst working and i obviously wasn't paying enough thought to detail

I don't want to bust your bubble ... But if you are playing v1.0 b333 ... some of those Mod you Listed Are Old and Have been Updated for the new game of v1.0 ... Just a thought.

gpcstargate

gpcstargate

5 hours ago, GigglingZombie said:

I most certainly do know about %appdata%, I've been in I.T. since long before Windows even existed 😁. I maybe didn't write my previous post as clearly as i could have.

Example of folders separated correctly ~

i have Joke Mod in "F:\games\7 Days to Die\7.Days.to.Die.a21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Joke.Mod"

it's mods (in "F:\games\7 Days to Die\7.Days.to.Die.a21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Joke.Mod\Mods") ~

0-CustomParticleLoader
AGF-A20HUDPlus-EPatch1.0.1
AGF-A21HUDPlus-Addon1.4.0
AGF-A21HUDPlus1.8.0
Alter_PictureInPictureScopes
donovan-longerlootbags
JaWoodleDye
Joke Mod
KHA21-HPBars
Secret Pr0n (this is part of Joke Mod !)
Zed-A21-OakravenMonoBikes

it's save folder (in "F:\games\7 Days to Die\UserDataFolder\7DTD-a21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Joke.Mod") ~

GeneratedWorlds
launchersettings.json
logs
Saves
SavesLocal
Screenshots
titlestorage
Twitch

The 2 relevant serverconfig.xml lines for Joke Mod's folder location ~

<property name="UserDataFolder"                    value="F:\games\7 Days to Die\UserDataFolder\7DTD-a21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Joke.Mod" />    <!-- Use this to override where the server stores all generated data, including RWG generated worlds. Do not forget to uncomment the entry! -->
<property name="SaveGameFolder"                    value="F:\games\7 Days to Die\UserDataFolder\7DTD-a21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Joke.Mod\Saves" />    <!-- Use this to only override the save game path. Do not forget to uncomment the entry! -->

I keep a separate shortcut for each version/overhaul, so for Joke Mod's shortcut to launch the game ~

Shortcut target ~

"F:\games\7 Days to Die\7.Days.to.Die.a21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Joke.Mod\7DaysToDie.exe" -configfile=serverconfig.xml

Shortcut "Start in" ~

"F:\games\7 Days to Die\7.Days.to.Die.a21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Joke.Mod"

So i probably didn't word my previous post re UserDatafolder as good as i should have, hopefully this makes more sense, and my way of doing things here is the accepted 7 Days method and is valid/correct, no files or mods are mixed up between the various versions ; it's decades since i last moderated one of Europe's largest forums (ie back when i was good at uploading photos to the internet to make things easier to explain), i haven't had a want or need to upload photo's of things anywhere on the net since then so im being lazy and typing, hopefully this now makes sense (without screenshots)

*** I'm glad of your post as that post, plus this reply by me (even without screenshots) will show anyone how to properly set up separate instances, it's appreciated, i wrote my previous reply whilst working and i obviously wasn't paying enough thought to detail

I don't want to bust your bubble ... But if you are play v1.0 b333 ... some of those Mod you Listed Are Old and Have been Updated for the new game of v1.0 ... Just a thought.