Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
zztong

zztong

On 7/12/2024 at 11:04 AM, zztong said:

I have the Daylight Length set to 16 Hours as I like a longer night. That used to match with the trader opening time (at 0600), but now traders open at 0400.

I was playing a Day 7 Horde. I didn't make a horde base, so I was fighting while mobile, basically doing laps around Trader Rekt's place the entire time.

At 0400 -- during the horde night -- Trader Rekt opened up. I opened his gates ... he might as well join the fun. I could run around inside the compound during the horde night. Sometimes I would get teleported out and sometimes I wouldn't.

I want to think there's a possible exploit here in that I might be able to spend part of a horde night in an indestructible fortress. I'm tempted to set the Daylight Length to 12 hours for the next horde night.

I suspect what would be best for the game is if the Traders open at whenever the day starts, rather than a fixed time.

I have repeated this. When the trader opens before night ends, the horde continues and you can get into the trader, close the gates, and fire upon the zombies through Trader Rekt's chain link fence. You have an impenetrable fortress for however long the night extends beyond the trader's opening time.

zztong

zztong

On 7/12/2024 at 11:04 AM, zztong said:

I have the Daylight Length set to 16 Hours as I like a longer night. That used to match with the trader opening time (at 0600), but now traders open at 0400.

I was playing a Day 7 Horde. I didn't make a horde base, so I was fighting while mobile, basically doing laps around Trader Rekt's place the entire time.

At 0400 -- during the horde night -- Trader Rekt opened up. I opened his gates ... he might as well join the fun. I could run around inside the compound during the horde night. Sometimes I would get teleported out and sometimes I wouldn't.

I want to think there's a possible exploit here in that I might be able to spend part of a horde night in an indestructible fortress. I'm tempted to set the Daylight Length to 12 hours for the next horde night.

I suspect what would be best for the game is if the Traders open at whenever the day starts, rather than a fixed time.

I have repeated this. When the trader opens before night ends, the horde continues and you can get into the trader, close the gates, and fire upon the zombies through Trader Rekt's chain link fence. You have an impenetrable fortress for however long the night extends beyond the trader's opening time.

At lower levels, facing a Feral Biker riding a Dire Wolf would have me rethinking my life's choices.