Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
zztong

zztong

Didn't remember my stealth and AGL correctly.

9 hours ago, zztong said:

While using stealth, some differences I think I see:

I've played a lot more with stealth today at around 26th level and with 3 of 4 Assassin armor pieces Q1 to Q5 and I certainly do not have my pick of armor mods. My stealth skills are at 2, with Agility 4. At night, indoors, best conditions, my noise meter is 1. In various places in POIs, my noise meter while standing will be 2-4. As I felt something (perhaps multiple things) had changed related to stealth, I spent several hours (real time) of play paying close attention to my noise meter than I would have with A21.

think the noise from doing certain actions had increased. I don't really have any benchmarks from A21 and before to compare things to other than my perception. Things like opening a metal door are +30.

Moving tends to be about +5 or +10.

Drawing a bow +5. Firing a bow I think is +15.

Interacting with things can be +5, +10, +20 or +30 depending on what it is.

Light matters, as usual. Direct sunlight is the nastiest +30 to +50 so far, but I've not yet walked into a spotlight.

think a zombie death makes noise now and will sometimes wake up a nearby zombie and sometimes not.

think feral zombies are more perceptive, but I'm not really sure.

I certainly have more luck with stealth when playing patiently, letting the noise meter clear between actions. Pausing some when moving, etc. Distance from player to zombie still matters. What I'm not sure about is when I open the door if the noise from the door counts from the door's location or from mine.

When I do wake a zombie it doesn't seem to always have an accurate idea of where I am. If you play it cool, it might wander and give you a shot or a backstab. This might sound odd, but I'm having more luck with a knife than I have in the past. The experience seems more... variable... unpredictable... at least right now and it is fun to play with.

zztong

zztong

9 hours ago, zztong said:

While using stealth, some differences I think I see:

I've played a lot more with stealth today at around 26th level and with 3 of 4 Assassin armor pieces Q1 to Q5 and I certainly do not have my pick of armor mods. My stealth skills are at 3, with Agility 5. At night, indoors, best conditions, my noise meter is 1. In various places in POIs, my noise meter while standing will be 2-4. As I felt something (perhaps multiple things) had changed related to stealth, I spent several hours (real time) of play paying close attention to my noise meter than I would have with A21.

think the noise from doing certain actions had increased. I don't really have any benchmarks from A21 and before to compare things to other than my perception. Things like opening a metal door are +30.

Moving tends to be about +5 or +10.

Drawing a bow +5. Firing a bow I think is +15.

Interacting with things can be +5, +10, +20 or +30 depending on what it is.

Light matters, as usual. Direct sunlight is the nastiest +30 to +50 so far, but I've not yet walked into a spotlight.

think a zombie death makes noise now and will sometimes wake up a nearby zombie and sometimes not.

think feral zombies are more perceptive, but I'm not really sure.

I certainly have more luck with stealth when playing patiently, letting the noise meter clear between actions. Pausing some when moving, etc. Distance from player to zombie still matters. What I'm not sure about is when I open the door if the noise from the door counts from the door's location or from mine.

When I do wake a zombie it doesn't seem to always have an accurate idea of where I am. If you play it cool, it might wander and give you a shot or a backstab. This might sound odd, but I'm having more luck with a knife than I have in the past. The experience seems more... variable... unpredictable... at least right now and it is fun to play with.