Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
zztong

zztong

2 hours ago, meganoth said:

As long as wandering sleepers are not more perceptive than sleepers the only reason they may detect you earlier than a fixed sleeper is that they wandered nearer to you. That is rather random and since they are wandering very slowly I can't imagine this making a huge difference. Or do I misunderstand something here?

I don't know. I don't get explore the variables and states of zombies when I play, so unless it is one of my own POIs I don't know which zombies are wanderers and which ones have awoken. I think there have been a number of changes that affected stealth, perhaps some still to be tweaked coming out of Experimental, so I'm not really sure of every factor involved right now.

Does the zombie's facing influence their perception? I've assumed it does, else stealth with a knife is at an even bigger disadvantage than I have understood. A wandering sleeper seems like it might turn and sort of "sweep" its vision, perhaps perceiving more... maybe ... you tell me.

While using stealth, some differences I think I see:

* Zombies stand up and become active more, typically during the day. I can't tell if they're detecting me or they're wandering and just waking up because I entered a volume. When they're in close proximity, I think I'm being detected more, but I'm not entirely sure and my play so far is only at lower character levels.

* Zombies are losing track of me much more frequently. I suspect there's a bug here, actually. I can get successive bonus damage from stealth within a short amount of time (without the Assassin armor's set bonus) and that used to take many seconds.

* I'm wondering if Feral zombies have become more perceptive. I can't really tell.

8 hours ago, faatal said:

I did not want worse performance, so they operate under similar rules to sleepers and it was a quick feature, so I did not spend much time on it.

The zombies would need space to wander and they don't break blocks in that mode, so they can't make space.

That makes sense to me. Like any new tool, I'm sure POI developers will need some time to figure out the best usage.

zztong

zztong

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

As long as wandering sleepers are not more perceptive than sleepers the only reason they may detect you earlier than a fixed sleeper is that they wandered nearer to you. That is rather random and since they are wandering very slowly I can't imagine this making a huge difference. Or do I misunderstand something here?

I don't know. I don't get explore the variables and states of zombies when I play, so unless it is one of my own POIs I don't know which zombies are wanderers and which ones have awoken. I think there have been a number of changes that affected stealth, perhaps some still to be tweaked coming out of Experimental, so I'm not really sure of every factor involved right now.

Does the zombie's facing influence their perception? I've assumed it does, else stealth with a knife is at an even bigger disadvantage than I have understood. A wandering sleeper seems like it might turn and sort of "sweep" its vision, perhaps perceiving more... maybe ... you tell me.

While using stealth, some differences I think I see:

* Zombies stand up and become active more, typically during the day. I can't tell if they're detecting me or they're wandering and just waking up because I entered a volume. When they're in close proximity, I think I'm being detected more, but I'm not entirely sure and my play so far is only at lower character levels.

* Zombies are losing track of me much more frequently. I suspect there's a bug here, actually. I can get successive bonus damage from stealth within a second (without the Assassin armor's set bonus) and that used to take many seconds.

* I'm wondering if Feral zombies have become more perceptive. I can't really tell.

7 hours ago, faatal said:

I did not want worse performance, so they operate under similar rules to sleepers and it was a quick feature, so I did not spend much time on it.

The zombies would need space to wander and they don't break blocks in that mode, so they can't make space.

That makes sense to me. Like any new tool, I'm sure POI developers will need some time to figure out the best usage.