Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
dcsobral

dcsobral

On 7/15/2024 at 9:24 AM, faatal said:

Eric did the hazmat sounds.

It tries to spawn 2 to 4 traders per biome and it would always be the same trader types per biome. Currently there is no guarantee of a trader in a biome. Traders need gateways to spawn. The smaller the world/biome, the less towns, so the less gateways, and the straight gateway conflicts as it does not have space for a trader. Yesterday I reduced the weight bonus on the 3 straights and limited them each to 1 per world, which should help. When we get full biome progression in and/or story it will need some way to force a trader in each biome.

Make a straight gateway that tunnels beneath the trader? It feels like the sort of thing that would have unintended consequences, but it would be cool if it worked. 😀

(unrelated story merged into the above post)

So, I was in this tier 2 building in the forest, tier 2 being my current tier, doing a Fetch & Clear quest. I looted some random stuff and I got a quality 1 pipe rifle. Uh, ok. Then I get to the loot room and there's an irradiated wight in it. Let's just say the opposition and the weapons I've been provided to fight it are a bit mismatched. Being in an Intellect build I guess I could have crafted a robotic sledge and hoped the wight would die laughing at it.

dcsobral

dcsobral

On 7/15/2024 at 9:24 AM, faatal said:

Eric did the hazmat sounds.

It tries to spawn 2 to 4 traders per biome and it would always be the same trader types per biome. Currently there is no guarantee of a trader in a biome. Traders need gateways to spawn. The smaller the world/biome, the less towns, so the less gateways, and the straight gateway conflicts as it does not have space for a trader. Yesterday I reduced the weight bonus on the 3 straights and limited them each to 1 per world, which should help. When we get full biome progression in and/or story it will need some way to force a trader in each biome.

Make a straight gateway that tunnels beneath the trader? It feels like the sort of thing that would have unintended consequences, but it would be cool if it worked. 😀

So, I was in this tier 2 building in the forest, tier 2 being my current tier, doing a Fetch & Clear quest. I looted some random stuff and I got a quality 1 pipe rifle. Uh, ok. Then I get to the loot room and there's an irradiated wight in it. Let's just say the opposition and the weapons I've been provided to fight it are a bit mismatched. Being in an Intellect build I guess I could have crafted a robotic sledge and hoped the wight would die laughing at it.