Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

3 hours ago, Laran Mithras said:

Do you really believe there is no min-max in 7DTD?

You likely don't really believe that and the comment was just a quick way to dismiss the idea.

Nothing will ever stop players from min-maxing.

Likewise, nothing will ever stop some players from roleplaying deliberate design weaknesses.

As for "tank in the middle of the road during Blood Moon" disadvantage ideas...

+Cop spit takes away 50% of armor health on metal (tanky) armor

+Successive hits received greater chance of infection

+Successive hits increased chance of fatigue

+Double Food and Drink drain

+Chance of Sprain

+Chance of Concussion

+Demo explosions result in Stun

+Double Cold/Heat penalty

"Greater/increased chance" = more than normal.

Those disadvantages would definitely stop me from wearing metal tank armor. Would it stop min-maxers? Nothing will ever stop min-maxers.

ETA: my opinion on metal armors - all heavies should have a minimum 2-point penalty to Agility. Perhaps 1 point to Perception. Whatever the case, I hope the avalanche of armor nerfs works out.

Now this offers something more than you originally stated.  This doesn't leave it wide open to just swap armor to be invincible.  Still, I can't see them adding so many debuffs to armor. And I didn't say there wasn't min/max already, but that doesn't mean it should be added so obviously. 

In any case, I think armor should just be balanced.  More armor at each class, with less mobility and more noise as it already was, but without being able to get resistance over 80% including with the armor mod installed.  Yes, only 80%.  Just my preference even as a heavy armor wearer.  Armor shouldn't leave you basically immune to damage or have it reduced so much that it is almost impossible to die.

Riamus

Riamus

2 hours ago, Laran Mithras said:

Do you really believe there is no min-max in 7DTD?

You likely don't really believe that and the comment was just a quick way to dismiss the idea.

Nothing will ever stop players from min-maxing.

Likewise, nothing will ever stop some players from roleplaying deliberate design weaknesses.

As for "tank in the middle of the road during Blood Moon" disadvantage ideas...

+Cop spit takes away 50% of armor health on metal (tanky) armor

+Successive hits received greater chance of infection

+Successive hits increased chance of fatigue

+Double Food and Drink drain

+Chance of Sprain

+Chance of Concussion

+Demo explosions result in Stun

+Double Cold/Heat penalty

"Greater/increased chance" = more than normal.

Those disadvantages would definitely stop me from wearing metal tank armor. Would it stop min-maxers? Nothing will ever stop min-maxers.

ETA: my opinion on metal armors - all heavies should have a minimum 2-point penalty to Agility. Perhaps 1 point to Perception. Whatever the case, I hope the avalanche of armor nerfs works out.

Now this offers something more than you probably stated.  This doesn't leave it wide open to just swap armor to be invincible.  Still, I can't see them adding so many devices to armor. And I didn't say there wasn't min/max already, but that didn't mean it should be added so obviously. 

In any case, I think armor should just be balanced.  More armor at least class, with less mobility and now noise as it already was, but without being able to get resistance over 80% including with the armor mod installed.  Yes, only 80%.  Just my preference even as a heavy armor wearer.  Armor shouldn't leave you basically immune to damage or have it reduced so much that it is almost impossible to die.