Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

1 hour ago, Laz Man said:

Did you change the map defaults?  There should be a higher chance of shorter distances from Rekt to Jen with the default map settings.  I was talking to Faatal about random gen and he may have found another improvement to further ensure a shorter travel distance from Rekt to Jen on default settings based on map size.

I used the Circle option with many town, many rivers, many lakes, IIRC.  Here's the biome layout that was generated.  As you can see, the route to burnt isn't great and requires going through one or the other of the 2 highest difficulty biomes.  As a side note, the next route to Bob was 3.4km from Jen.  So 4km then 3.4km.  Not ideal at all.

image.thumb.png.c7ee6b94f94667576be5c49d3722ec45.png

Riamus

Riamus

1 hour ago, Laz Man said:

Did you change the map defaults?  There should be a higher chance of shorter distances from Rekt to Jen with the default map settings.  I was talking to Faatal about random gen and he may have found another improvement to further ensure a shorter travel distance from Rekt to Jen on default settings based on map size.

I used the Circle option with many town, many rivers, many lakes, IIRC.  Here's the biome layout that was generated.  As you can see, the route to burnt isn't great and requires going through one or the other of the 2 highest difficulty biomes.  As a side note, the next route to Bob was 3.4km from Jen.  So 4km then 3.4km.  Not ideal at all.image.thumb.png.c7ee6b94f94667576be5c49d3722ec45.png