Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

4 hours ago, Riamus said:

And as I explained in the other post, the comparison works even with fewer quests.  If you average 2 per day, you complete tier 1 in about 5 days in single player.  Let's say that at 8 players, you can complete 8 per day.  That is still 10 days (twice as long) to finish tier 1 for everyone if all are questing together.  And I'm not sure how many groups can complete 8 per day on 60 minute days if they quest together.  Not to mention, as you said, there are other things you need to do besides quest.

And that is why I said I agree with you generally, just that your comparison is wrong. Even though the maximum level is 300 I don't assume TFP to think the normal player will reach that level. And similarily I don't expect the quest number of 5 to have any special meaning besides that it was always 5 when they started using that quest UI and it looked like a good high number to put an upper limit at. 

The interesting question is how players will react to this rule and whether it destroys co-op, is too harsh a drawback for a group or whether disadvantages and advantages of group play somehow level out in many games. I don't know yet. That is why I am playing it now without a preconceived opinion and see what happens. One interesting value will simply be: How far will I be in single player on day 20, and how far will our group be. NOT with trader rep, but generally with quality of guns and equipment, money and level.

meganoth

meganoth

And as I explained in the other post, the comparison works even with fewer quests.  If you average 2 per day, you complete tier 1 in about 5 days in single player.  Let's say that at 8 players, you can complete 8 per day.  That is still 10 days (twice as long) to finish tier 1 for everyone if all are questing together.  And I'm not sure how many groups can complete 8 per day on 60 minute days if they quest together.  Not to mention, as you said, there are other things you need to do besides quest.

And that is why I said I agree with you generally, just that your comparison is wrong. Even though the maximum level is 300 I don't assume TFP to think the normal player will reach that level. And similarily I don't expect the quest number of 5 to have any special meaning besides that it was always 5 when they started using that quest UI and it looked like a good high number to put an upper limit at. 

The interesting question is how players will react to this rule and whether it destroys co-op, is too harsh a drawback for a group or whether disadvantages and advantages of group play somehow level out in many situations. I don't know yet. That is why I am playing it now without a preconceived opinion and see what happens

meganoth

meganoth