Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

10 hours ago, Riamus said:

The point I was showing is that multiplayer IS much slower than single player now.  To show that, I needed an example with a set number of quests per day.  If you prefer to do one quest per day, you'd get to tier 2 after 10 days in single player.  With 8 players all questing together on doing only one quest per day, it would take you 80 days for all to reach tier 2.  See?  Nothing to do with min/max.

While I agree that MP groups very probably will advance slower on the tier progression now, your example is simply broken because you don't take into account that MP players can do quests much faster than a single player. Because they are faster at going through a POI and because they can minimize travel time between quests, and they can share in the rest of the work load they have more time to quest as well.

meganoth

meganoth

10 hours ago, Riamus said:

The point I was showing is that multiplayer IS much slower than single player now.  To show that, I needed an example with a set number of quests per day.  If you prefer to do one quest per day, you'd get to tier 2 after 10 days in single player.  With 8 players all questing together on doing only one quest per day, it would take you 80 days for all to reach tier 2.  See?  Nothing to do with min/max.

While I agree that MP groups very probably will advance slower on the tier progression now, your example is simply broken because you don't take into account that MP players can do quests much faster than a single player. Because they are faster at going through a POI and because they can minimize travel time between quests.