Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

5 hours ago, katarynna said:

Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you should or will do it.

For t1 quests, i usually do 2 per day, sometimes just 1, and very rarely 3.

There are other things that need to be done, and they are being done by just me. Base building, resource gathering, crafting, farming, hunting, etc.

Last alpha, i would get my bike on about day 3-5, only needing 7 quests. 

Trying to base the vanilla game on what min/maxxers CAN do doesn't seem like the best idea to me.

If overall. i complete t1 traders on day 5 in solo and day 8 in multiplayer, i personally will consider it unbalanced. But in relation to how managing the entire scope of activities, not just "how fast can i possibly progress quest tiers".

In multplayer, you are getting 2 or 3 or 5 or 8 times as much materials harvested to build 1 base. You can have someone mining while someone else is building and a 3rd is gathering wood and a 4th is building dew collectors and farm plots.

My a21 multiplayer games with one other person progressed much more than 2 times faster than my single player games. 

I think OVERALL questing tiers should unlock at about the same pace or slightly slower than single player. Everything else except food/water already progresses much, much more quickly in multiplayer. 

But I don't agree at all that the only criteria that should be used is how fast it is possible to do something if that is the only thing you prioritize, either in single player or coop.

It has nothing to do with min/max.  I was using what TFP set as what you are allowed to do as an example.  No matter how fast you play, you still have to do 10 quests per player per tier.  With 8 players, that's 80 quests for a single tier.  That's insane.  It doesn't matter if you do that at 5 quests per day or 1 quest per day.  I used the max per day as a reference point because it gives a clear indication of the problem.  They can easily limit how fast you can progress in tiers so that it is the same max amount no matter how many players are in the party.  I gave an example of how to do that in the thread related to this.

The point I was showing is that multiplayer IS much slower than single player now.  To show that, I needed an example with a set number of quests per day.  If you prefer to do one quest per day, you'd get to tier 2 after 10 days in single player.  With 8 players all questing together on doing only one quest per day, it would take you 80 days for all to reach tier 2.  See?  Nothing to do with min/max.

Riamus

Riamus

1 hour ago, katarynna said:

Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you should or will do it.

For t1 quests, i usually do 2 per day, sometimes just 1, and very rarely 3.

There are other things that need to be done, and they are being done by just me. Base building, resource gathering, crafting, farming, hunting, etc.

Last alpha, i would get my bike on about day 3-5, only needing 7 quests. 

Trying to base the vanilla game on what min/maxxers CAN do doesn't seem like the best idea to me.

If overall. i complete t1 traders on day 5 in solo and day 8 in multiplayer, i personally will consider it unbalanced. But in relation to how managing the entire scope of activities, not just "how fast can i possibly progress quest tiers".

In multplayer, you are getting 2 or 3 or 5 or 8 times as much materials harvested to build 1 base. You can have someone mining while someone else is building and a 3rd is gathering wood and a 4th is building dew collectors and farm plots.

My a21 multiplayer games with one other person progressed much more than 2 times faster than my single player games. 

I think OVERALL questing tiers should unlock at about the same pace or slightly slower than single player. Everything else except food/water already progresses much, much more quickly in multiplayer. 

But I don't agree at all that the only criteria that should be used is how fast it is possible to do something if that is the only thing you prioritize, either in single player or coop.

It has nothing to do with min/max.  I was using what TFP set as what you are allowed to do as an example.  No matter how fast you play, you still have to do 10 quests per player per tier.  With 8 players, that's 80 quests for a single tier.  That's insane.  It doesn't matter if you do that at 5 quests per day or 1 quest per day.  I used the max per day as a reference point because it gives a clear indication of the problem.  They can easily limit how fast you can progress in tiers so that it is the same max amount no matter how many players are in the party.  I gave an example of how to do that in the thread related to this.