Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

15 minutes ago, zztong said:

I've not been able to try 1.0 so I depend on your eyes... is there any chance the light at night depends on the stage of the moon? I say this because on a clear night with a full moon, people can see quite a lot. Is it too bright where there's no moon?

I'm only on day 3 in two games, so can't say if it changes.  But I do know that in buildings, in areas with no lights nearby, I can still see.  Yes, it is somewhat dark, but I can still clearly see what is there.  Outdoors, it feels like summer in Alaska, or any location above the Arctic circle.

21 minutes ago, dcsobral said:

Brightness washing out graphics is something that stopped being an issue back in alpha 18 -- I think -- with a change in how it works. It is true of most games I play, and it was definitely true of 7d2d. This "adjustment" you speak of is pretty much what brightness does now.

Even if that is the case (I haven't tried it with this game), it isn't ideal to have to change brightness for each game you play.  That's why many games that are intended to be dark have some form of brightness, contrast, and/or gamma adjustment built into the game.  You can get what you want without having to change settings each game.  Besides, I'm sure the ability to avoid the washed out effect when changing monitor brightness has a lot to do with the monitor and is probably not possible with every monitor.  But that's just an assumption.

Riamus

Riamus

15 minutes ago, zztong said:

I've not been able to try 1.0 so I depend on your eyes... is there any chance the light at night depends on the stage of the moon? I say this because on a clear night with a full moon, people can see quite a lot. Is it too bright where there's no moon?

I'm only on day 3 in two games, so can't say if it changes.  But I do know that I'm buildings, in areas with no lights nearby, I can still see.  Yes, it is somewhat dark, but I can still clearly see what is there.  Outdoors, it feels like summer in Alaska, or any location above the Arctic circle.

20 minutes ago, dcsobral said:

Brightness washing out graphics is something that stopped being an issue back in alpha 18 -- I think -- with a change in how it works. It is true of most games I play, and it was definitely true of 7d2d. This "adjustment" you speak of is pretty much what brightness does now.

Even if that is the case (I haven't tried it with this game), it isn't ideal to have to change brightness for each game you play.  That's why many games that are intended to be dark have some form of brightness, contrast, and/or gamma adjustment built into the game.  You can get what you want without having to change settings each game.  Besides, I'm sure the ability to avoid the washed out effect when changing monitor brightness has a lot to do with the monitor and is probably not possible with every monitor.  But that's just an assumption.

Riamus

Riamus

4 minutes ago, zztong said:

I'm only on day 3 in two games, so can't say if it changes.  But I do know that I'm buildings, in areas with no lights nearby, I can still see.  Yes, it is somewhat dark, but I can still clearly see what is there.  Outdoors, it feels like summer in Alaska, or any location above the Arctic circle.

16 minutes ago, dcsobral said:

Even if that is the case (I haven't tried it with this game), it isn't ideal to have to change brightness for each game you play.  That's why many games that are intended to be dark have she gotten off brightness, contrast, and/or gamma adjustment built into the game.  You can get what you want without having to change settings each game.  Besides, I'm sure the ability to avoid the washed out effect when changing monitor brightness has a lot to do with the monitor and is probably not possible with every monitor.  But that's just an assumption.