Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Doomofman

Doomofman

32 minutes ago, Javabean867 said:

No idea honestly, but i have a feeling we are all hyper focused on the fps getting improved in version 1, when I think the main thing they worked on was for downtown areas.  I bet if you go back to alpha 21 you will see the same frame drop from your lightsource as well.

Maybe you're right about A21, it's too much of a pain to roll back and check. Tried to but A21 errors out after having 1.0 installed. I'm guessing if I backup up my save and world and cleared them out etc it would work but I can't be arsed right now, I'd much rather be playing than installing/reinstalling/backing up etc etc.

If it's a new issue I'm sure someone else will report it

Edit: Seems you're right, had A21 on a different machine and see the same behaviour a 5-10 fps drop when using a light source. Guess I didn't notice it before as I feel like A21 had more headroom in terms of FPS above 60 whereas in 1.0, having a lightsource on indoors is dropping me below 60 and making it noticeably less smooth

Doomofman

Doomofman

22 minutes ago, Javabean867 said:

No idea honestly, but i have a feeling we are all hyper focused on the fps getting improved in version 1, when I think the main thing they worked on was for downtown areas.  I bet if you go back to alpha 21 you will see the same frame drop from your lightsource as well.

Maybe you're right about A21, it's too much of a pain to roll back and check. Tried to but A21 errors out after having 1.0 installed. I'm guessing if I backup up my save and world and cleared them out etc it would work but I can't be arsed right now, I'd much rather be playing than installing/reinstalling/backing up etc etc.

Doomofman

Doomofman

14 minutes ago, Javabean867 said:

Maybe you're right about A21, it's too much of a pain to roll back and check. Tried to but A21 errors out after having 1.0 installed. I'm guessing if I backup up my save and world and cleared them out etc it would work but I can't be arsed right now.