Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Roland

Roland

6 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

I hate theorycrafting as well, but I genuinely am curious how many people are going to feel compelled to save these crafting components until end-game? Like, what is better, a quality level 1 AK-47 or a quality level 1 tact? Quality level 6 tact versus quality level 1 M60? Part of it's min-maxing (if you wait until end-game), part of it would be intelligent assessment and weighing pros versus cons. Like how much better would a quality level 6 double barrel be versus a quality level 1 pump action? Or due to their rare and endgame quest nature, are we going to see players only crafting max level top tier gears because that is the point in progression many players would start finding them? We'll have to wait and see how it plays out. :)

@Roland Perhaps someone like you could help us out there? Did you craft any quality level 6 gear that wasn't end-game tier? (Ex. iron tools, T1-T2 guns, etc.) I'm picking this apart because I find it interesting, not necessarily for constructive criticism purposes. :)

They start showing up at tier 2 as far as I can tell and they aren't super rare. Just uncommon. I gladly stuck one into a stone axe and was very happy for awhile with my purple stone axe and didn't feel like I needed to upgrade to iron immediately. I didn't feel any resentment when shortly after I found enough magazines to push me up to iron tools. 

As far as weapons are concerned I probably would not craft a tier 6 pipe weapon. I would wait until I progressed to tier 6 of the next level and then use it. I wouldn't save it until tier 6 of the top level. There's playing the game to play the game and then there's playing the game to wait to play the game and I don't enjoy playing the second way. I don't rush the progression so I would have a stack of legendary parts sitting around never to be used if I waited for the top level of everything to use them. If people are getting Auto Shotguns and Steel Clubs in the first week with how they play then for sure save those parts for the top gear. But it takes me weeks and weeks and weeks to get that far.

Roland

Roland

I hate theorycrafting as well, but I genuinely am curious how many people are going to feel compelled to save these crafting components until end-game? Like, what is better, a quality level 1 AK-47 or a quality level 1 tact? Quality level 6 tact versus quality level 1 M60? Part of it's min-maxing (if you wait until end-game), part of it would be intelligent assessment and weighing pros versus cons. Like how much better would a quality level 6 double barrel be versus a quality level 1 pump action? Or due to their rare and endgame quest nature, are we going to see players only crafting max level top tier gears because that is the point in progression many players would start finding them? We'll have to wait and see how it plays out. :)

@Roland Perhaps someone like you could help us out there? Did you craft any quality level 6 gear that wasn't end-game tier? (Ex. iron tools, T1-T2 guns, etc.) I'm picking this apart because I find it interesting, not necessarily for constructive criticism purposes. :)

They start showing up at tier 2 as far as I can tell and they aren't super rare. Just uncommon. I gladly stuck one into a stone axe and was very happy for awhile with my purple stone axe and didn't feel like I needed to upgrade to iron immediately. I didn't feel any resentment when shortly after I found enough magazines to push me up to iron tools. 

As far as weapons are concerned I probably would not craft a tier 6 pipe weapon. I would wait until I progressed to tier 6 of the next level and then use it. I wouldn't save it until tier 6 of the top level. There's playing the game to play the game and then there's playing the game to wait to play the game...

Roland

Roland

They start showing up at tier 2 as far as I can tell and they aren't super rare. Just uncommon. I gladly stuck one into a stone axe and was very happy for awhile with my purple stone axe and didn't feel like I need to upgrade to iron immediately.