Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Vaeliorin

Vaeliorin

9 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

The problem here is that this is also a game that's supposed to be with "tower defense" elements in it. The AI was programmed like that so that on horde night you can do exactly what you don't like.

A possible solution would be to have Blood Moon AI to be turned back to "dumb" and all other AI (during week-days) would be the current one.

I would support this kind of change only if it was togglable in the options though.

Honestly, I'd like the A16 AI back, just fix the spinning, make the zombies aware of elevation, and add in rage mode.  It was possible to control zombie pathing back then (without exploiting them not understanding if you were above/below them) but it was hard.

For example, this base only kinda controlled their movement, because a decent portion of them would just throw themselves off the edge and start destroying everything down below.

Alpha_16.4_2018-11-19_01-55-20.jpg.10ee90c0f6c0da7d863849ded054b3d3.jpg

And I say this as someone who's primary interest in the game was because of the Tower Defense part.  I watched the game for years, and thought "If they ever add mechanical traps, I'll definitely buy this."  They did, and I did.

Vaeliorin

Vaeliorin

4 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

The problem here is that this is also a game that's supposed to be with "tower defense" elements in it. The AI was programmed like that so that on horde night you can do exactly what you don't like.

A possible solution would be to have Blood Moon AI to be turned back to "dumb" and all other AI (during week-days) would be the current one.

I would support this kind of change only if it was togglable in the options though.

Honestly, I'd like the A16 AI back, just fix the spinning, make the zombies aware of elevation, and add in rage mode.  It was possible to control zombie pathing back then (without exploiting them not understanding if you were above/below them) but it was hard.

For example, this base only kinda controlled their movement, because a decent portion of them would just throw themselves off the edge and start destroying everything down below.

Just now, Vaeliorin said:

And I say this as someone who's primary interest in the game was because of the Tower Defense part.  I watched the game for years, and thought "If they ever add mechanical traps, I'll definitely buy this."  They did, and I did.