Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
FranticDan

FranticDan

1 hour ago, seven said:

So those magazines magically refill themselves when we hit reload, but we need to see 1 round at a time on a lever action?

There's this thing called balance, speed up the rate each round is loaded, like demonstrated in the video I shared. Loading 8 shells into a pump shotgun is still faster (4 seconds) than reloading the current pipe shotgun (5 seconds). And reloading 5 rounds into the level action rifle at an increased speed will end up equaling out to what it is now anyway. On the plus side, if you only need to reload 2 rounds, you reload faster than it is currently!

"Oh no, my guns are reloading too fast!"

Edit: Plus, as a bonus, if you have to swap toolbelt slot mid-reload (or you have a habit of swapping too early), you won't have to worry about having no ammo loaded, you'll have some ammo ready to go, unlike currently, you have to wait for the entire animation to play out before swapping.

Edit 2: Figured I'd make a pros and cons list, feel free to add anything you think I missed

Pros and cons for partial reload for pump shotgun and lever-action rifle (That I can think of)

Cons
- Pump shotgun reload time would increase roughly from 2.5 secs to 4 secs (which is still better than the Pipe's and Double's round/time ratio)
(No other cons as the level-action rifle reload time would equal out with the increased animation speed)

Pros
- Immersion.
- Ability to cancel reload without still having an empty gun due to no longer needing to wait for the entire animation to play out first.
- Time to reload will be quicker if gun only needs a few rounds to load

All-in-all, IMO the pros outweigh the con

FranticDan

FranticDan

58 minutes ago, seven said:

So those magazines magically refill themselves when we hit reload, but we need to see 1 round at a time on a lever action?

There's this thing called balance, speed up the rate each round is loaded, like demonstrated in the video I shared. Loading 8 shells into a pump shotgun is still faster (4 seconds) than reloading the current pipe shotgun (5 seconds). And reloading 5 rounds into the level action rifle at an increased speed will end up equaling out to what it is now anyway. On the plus side, if you only need to reload 2 rounds, you reload faster than it is currently!

Edit: Plus, as a bonus, if you have to swap toolbelt slot mid-reload (or you have a habit of swapping too early), you won't have to worry about having no ammo loaded, you'll have some ammo ready to go, unlike currently, you have to wait for the entire animation to play out before swapping.

FranticDan

FranticDan

44 minutes ago, seven said: