Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
dcsobral

dcsobral

On 6/16/2024 at 6:40 AM, FranticDan said:

Most definitely!
it's so irritating to me that no matter how many rounds you fire with the pump shotgun, the reload is 2 shells.
There's a mod thankfully that addresses this.

I've been playing doom 3 on the side, and the pump shotgun feels amazing!
If you die because you're terrible with time management for reloading, then that's on you.

7 Days to Die is the only game (that I know of) that DOESN'T have adaptive reloading

I'm with Dan on that (hehe). These two reload animations have driven me nuts from the moment they were introduced. The very first time I reloaded a shotgun many years ago I thought "That didn't look like the number of shots I fired". And when I reloaded my shotgun YESTERDAY I looked at the animation and bemoaned the fact it didn't represent the number of rounds loaded accurately.

I've never complained about it that I can think of because it is such a small thing, but it just rubs me the wrong way.

Now, the fact that the lever action rifle cannot use the tube extension mod despite the fact that the mechanism is exactly the same as the shotgun's, that one I have complained about and I'm going to take this opportunity to bring it up again. And I'll raise it with my complain that clubs have three exclusive mods (which drop way more often than clubs themselves and are mutually exclusive anyway), whereas blades share mods with knuckles (!?!??! -- iirc), spears have no exclusive mods, and batons and sledgehammers cannot use the club mods despite the fact that they work just like clubs. And sledgehammers don't even have magazines. Sadly, apparently I'm the only person in the whole world that's bothered by these things.

On 6/16/2024 at 10:31 AM, Roland said:

lol...I remember the very first time I shot a couple rounds off using the pipe pistol and then reloaded and was dismayed to see all my unfired rounds being emptied out of their chambers and just thrown away. I quickly did the math and realized I didn't actually lose anything but it really worried me for a moment. It still pains me to see it even though I know it is just a flavorful animation and it shows the impact of visual representation....er....misrepresentation...

Me too!

On 6/16/2024 at 10:50 AM, Adam the Waster said:

my only issue is that it was fine in pervious alphas, 

Plus other guns aim well awhile others are bugged. 

Tho I am a gun nerd, I don't care about tac or partial reloads. Games like fallout 4 and gta 5 don't have it and are fun.

OK NOW IM DONE!!! 

Yeah, I agree. I don't particular care if they do iron sights or not -- there's pros and cons, and if done right you'd have to focus on the front sight and blur everything else which I think very few people would appreciate. But however it works it has to be consistent across all guns.

dcsobral

dcsobral

On 6/16/2024 at 6:40 AM, FranticDan said:

Most definitely!
it's so irritating to me that no matter how many rounds you fire with the pump shotgun, the reload is 2 shells.
There's a mod thankfully that addresses this.

I've been playing doom 3 on the side, and the pump shotgun feels amazing!
If you die because you're terrible with time management for reloading, then that's on you.

7 Days to Die is the only game (that I know of) that DOESN'T have adaptive reloading

I'm with Dan on that (hehe). These two reload animations have driven me nuts from the moment they were introduced. The very first time I reloaded a shotgun many years ago I thought "That didn't look like the number of shots I fired". And when I reloaded my shotgun YESTERDAY I looked at the animation and bemoaned the fact it didn't represent the number of rounds loaded accurately.

I've never complained about it that I can think of because it is such a small thing, but it just rubs me the wrong way.

Now, the fact that the lever action rifle cannot use the tube extension mod despite the fact that the mechanism is exactly the same as the shotgun's, that one I have complained about and I'm going to take this opportunity to bring it up again. And I'll raise it with my complain that clubs have three exclusive mods (which drop way more often than clubs themselves and are mutually exclusive anyway), whereas blades share mods with knuckles (!?!??! -- iirc), spears have no exclusive mods, and batons and sledgehammers cannot use the club mods despite the fact that they work just like clubs. And sledgehammers don't even have magazines. Sadly, apparently I'm the only person in the whole world that's bothered by these things.

On 6/16/2024 at 10:31 AM, Roland said:

lol...I remember the very first time I shot a couple rounds off using the pipe pistol and then reloaded and was dismayed to see all my unfired rounds being emptied out of their chambers and just thrown away. I quickly did the math and realized I didn't actually lose anything but it really worried me for a moment. It still pains me to see it even though I know it is just a flavorful animation and it shows the impact of visual representation....er....misrepresentation...

I think "they" referred to Bethesda. He was saying that even though Bethesda had a massive team size they still didn't get Starfield right. At least that's the interpretation I'm going with. ;)

Me too!

On 6/16/2024 at 10:50 AM, Adam the Waster said:

my only issue is that it was fine in pervious alphas, 

Plus other guns aim well awhile others are bugged. 

Tho I am a gun nerd, I don't care about tac or partial reloads. Games like fallout 4 and gta 5 don't have it and are fun.

OK NOW IM DONE!!! 

Yeah, I agree. I don't particular care if they do iron sights or not -- there's pros and cons, and if done right you'd have to focus on the front sight and blur everything else which I think very few people would appreciate. But however it works it has to be consistent across all guns.