Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here

I didn't manage to catch the dev stream, but I did watch some recap videos on YouTube.

I'm quite curious about two things. First, the proposed "more difficult (early game only?)" horde nights. I'm intrigued to see how this will affect horde every night playthroughs. Will the first horde last until dawn? That would definitely shake things up.

Secondly, the trader nerf. Unsure if this relates to quest rewards, or their stock, or both. I'm cautiously optimistic about this one, but very skeptical - the same goes for the proposed "70+ hours until you reach endgame" claim. Going back to the former topic, will quest spamming still be a viable strategy or will that be artificially locked away? (i.e. limited quest hand ins a day.) How would they nerf quest rewards, I wonder? Will quality be gated behind loot stage, game stage, or trader stage, so rushing to T5 quests will only net you junk? Will they remove gear from quest reward options, or make them low quality level only? Extend the amount of quests in-between tiers? More than one of the above?

Personally, I would like to see the following changes made to quest completion bundles, as a series of examples. :) Feel free to disagree!

1) The bicycle would no longer be a guaranteed quest reward option and/or would come in the form of a parts bundle, containing only one part, or both, but you would require a workbench to assemble them. Tires would be included.

2) Granting the player a free chem station for T3 quest completion is a bit overpowered in my eyes? Perhaps a beaker instead?

3) They're addressing bundles and bonus bundles, so I won't discuss them here. A heavy nerf would be welcome, though.

4) Certain bundles, such as the traps bundles, could be buffed up a little. Receiving a few wooden spikes and some land mines is quite underwhelming compared to some of the other choices, even the security camera and farm bundles. Perhaps this could be brought up to something along the lines of 100 wooden spikes, 50 barbed wire fences, and 25 land mines for the T1 version, and 100 iron spikes and 50 land mines for the T2 variant? :)

Edit reason: spelling errors. It's only 4:30 AM where I am.

I didn't match to catch the dev stream, but I did watch some recap videos on YouTube.

I'm quite curious about two things. First, the proposed "more difficult (early game only?)" horde nights. I'm intrigued to see how this will affect horde every night playthroughs. Will the first horde last until dawn? That would definitely shake things up.

Secondly, the trader nerf. Unsure if this relates to quest rewards, or their stock, or both. I'm cautiously optimistic about this one, but very skeptical - the same goes for the proposed "70+ hours until you reach endgame". Going back to the former topic, will quest spamming still be a viable strategy or will that be artificially locked away? (i.e. limited quest hand ins a day.) How would they nerf quest rewards, I wonder? Will quality be gated behind loot stage, game stage, or trader stage, so rushing to T5 quests will only net you junk? Will they remove gear from quest reward options, or make them low quality level only? Extend the amount of quests in-between tiers? More than one of the above?

Personally, I would like to see the following changes made to quest completion bundles, as a series of examples. :) Feel free to disagree!

1) The bicycle would no longer be a guaranteed quest reward option and/or would come in the form of a parts bundle, containing only one part, or both, but you would require a workbench to assemble them. Tires would be included.

2) Granting the player a free chem station for T3 quest completion is a bit overpowered in my eyes? Perhaps a beaker instead?

3) They're addressing bundles and bonus bundles, so I won't discuss them here. A heavy nerf would be welcome, though.

4) Certain bundles, such as the traps bundles, could be buffed up a little. Receiving a few wooden spikes and some land mines is quite underwhelming compared to some of the other choices, even the security camera and farm bundles. Perhaps this could be brought up to something along the lines of 100 wooden spikes, 50 barbed wire fences, and 25 land mines for the T1 version, and 100 iron spikes and 50 land mines for the T2 variant? :)