Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

12 hours ago, faatal said:

RWG road pathing changes is a different system than decorations, so no plans for deco changes like that.

31 minutes ago, zztong said:

I'm probably mistaken, but if sometimes (1/100, 1/250?) RWG would place dirt or gravel, instead of asphalt, for a road, then the decorations for those alternatives would open up.

Yeah, making it possible for grass to break through the road in places is as easy as having some parts of the road in the splat file be biome instead of asphalt/gravel.  If you put a few biome pixels here and there down the roads, you have chances for the biome decorations to appear in the road.  For forest, that means mostly grass decorations.  For others, you'd get other decorations related to those biomes.  Even if no decorations appear, you still get a patch of biome terrain in the road that makes it look broken up.  This is something that Teragon offers, so I know it does work well and it is easy to do, even by hand.

If added, I'd suggest it be an option in RWG because we've had people using Teragon ask how to disable that so they get solid roads.  So I know some people prefer not having that.

Riamus

Riamus

12 hours ago, faatal said:

RWG road pathing changes is a different system than decorations, so no plans for deco changes like that.

22 minutes ago, zztong said:

I'm probably mistaken, but if sometimes (1/100, 1/250?) RWG would place dirt or gravel, instead of asphalt, for a road, then the decorations for those alternatives would open up.

Yeah, making it possible for grass to break through the road in places is as easy as having some parts of the road in the splat file be biome instead of asphalt/gravel.  If you put a few biome pixels here and there down the roads, you have chances for the biome decorations to appear in the road.  For forest, that means mostly grass decorations.  For others, you'd get other decorations related to those biomes.  Even if no decorations appear, you still get a patch of biome terrain in the road that makes it look broken up.  This is something that Teragon offers, so I know it does work well and it is easy to do, even by hand.