Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Roland

Roland

5 hours ago, Doomofman said:

To be fair, all I did is what Laz Man said... Turned on Feral Sense and went to the wasteland. For laughs I put all graphics to the max to try match the trailer, even on a 12700k/3080 system, performance was so bad the zombies at times would resort to slow motion which was funny to see

So you did an experiment for the next major version using the previous version which has an update gap of about 9 months and it didn’t work very well. I’m not surprised. 

People keep using A21 as their frame of reference when judging whether the game is 1.0 worthy. It could be that the current internal build for 1.0 might fail such an experiment but nobody knows that. All anyone knows is that the game they are playing right now which hasn’t seen an update in months falls short of the trailer and falls short of feeling like a 1.0 version.  

Well no duh. Thats why they didn’t call a21 version 1.0…

4 hours ago, meganoth said:

The idea with feral sense might generate a bigger group, maybe not as big as the trailer, but >20 zombies should be possible. But you need to set it up correctly first, not just venture there and take a random picture. First of all you need a high stealth character with the corresponding perks maxed, so that you get them into a waiting state again. Shoot and run around, probably first going into a building with a big room full of zombies and activate them. Then, after a big group of z's is running behind you, go behind a corner, stealth and wait a few seconds and possibly silently eliminate the one or two that didn't lose your trail. Then turn the corner again and make a picture.

Oh, and be running the build the trailer is based on rather than the build from last year… 😉

Roland

Roland

4 hours ago, Doomofman said:

To be fair, all I did is what Laz Man said... Turned on Feral Sense and went to the wasteland. For laughs I put all graphics to the max to try match the trailer, even on a 12700k/3080 system, performance was so bad the zombies at times would resort to slow motion which was funny to see

So you did an experiment for the next major version using the previous version which has an update gap of about 9 months and it didn’t work very well. I’m not surprised. 

People keep using A21 as their frame of reference when judging whether the game is 1.0 worthy. It could be that the current internal build for 1.0 might fail such an experiment but nobody knows that. All anyone knows is that the game they are playing right now which hasn’t seen an update in months falls short of the trailer and falls short of feeling like a 1.0 version.  

Well no duh. Thats why they didn’t call a21 version 1.0…

4 hours ago, meganoth said:

The idea with feral sense might generate a bigger group, maybe not as big as the trailer, but >20 zombies should be possible. But you need to set it up correctly first, not just venture there and take a random picture. First of all you need a high stealth character with the corresponding perks maxed, so that you get them into a waiting state again. Shoot and run around, probably first going into a building with a big room full of zombies and activate them. Then, after a big group of z's is running behind you, go behind a corner, stealth and wait a few seconds and possibly silently eliminate the one or two that didn't lose your trail. Then turn the corner again and make a picture.

Oh, and be running the build the trailer is based on rather than the build from last year… 😉