Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Laz Man

Laz Man

12 hours ago, Riamus said:

With 1.0 coming out and plans to finish everything in under 2 years, I'm wondering if there has been any discussion about improving the POI Editor and World Editor?  The World Editor lacks the ability to do anything besides mess with POI placements.  It would be a huge improvement to be able to save changes to the world that you make in it.  And the POI Editor has numerous bugs and many of the controls are either confusing or hard to use or simply undocumented.  In short, it's clunky.  It was okay to be left in that state while in early access while the game itself was being worked on, but now that things are coming to fruition, it seems like it's a good time to get these updated to be more useful.  I'm sure even TFP POI designers would appreciate better editors and I know the rest of us would as well.  So... any chance they'll be updated and improved?  Maybe not for 1.0, but at least somewhat soon?  Please.  :)

We plan to do some documentation at some point once changes have settled.  As far as improvements / optimizations, a few did make it in for 1.0.  Hope to get a few more in the future.

Laz Man

Laz Man

6 hours ago, Riamus said:

With 1.0 coming out and plans to finish everything in under 2 years, I'm wondering if there has been any discussion about improving the POI Editor and World Editor?  The World Editor lacks the ability to do anything besides mess with POI placements.  It would be a huge improvement to be able to save changes to the world that you make in it.  And the POI Editor has numerous bugs and many of the controls are either confusing or hard to use or simply undocumented.  In short, it's clunky.  It was okay to be left in that state while in early access while the game itself was being worked on, but now that things are coming to fruition, it seems like it's a good time to get these updated to be more useful.  I'm sure even TFP POI designers would appreciate better editors and I know the rest of us would as well.  So... any chance they'll be updated and improved?  Maybe not for 1.0, but at least somewhat soon?  Please.  :)

We plan to do some documentation at some point when once things haven't settled.  As far as improvements / optimizations, a few did make it in for 1.0.  Hope to get a few more in the future.