Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
zztong

zztong

4 hours ago, Eromivus said:

That is such a cool idea. I could see having more of a journey game mode, where you're trying to get to an army base / the other coast / whatever, and each map is 7 days culminating in an increasingly powerful horde. Survive that, and you can travel to an exit point to move to the next map. Something like that would be a really refreshing twist on the structure.

I'll sometimes play what I call a "sprint." The idea is that I start in one corner of the map and have to exit the map on the far corner by a certain time limit. I might give myself 2-3 game days to cross an 8k map. else I got caught by the horde and died. That's about 11km of travel. I can make it extend across multiple maps by generating a new world, briefly starting a new game, then copying my character from the previous game over. Others have suggested instead of crossing from corner to corner, walking the edge of an 8k map, so that would be about 30-32 km of travel on a single map.

46 minutes ago, FramFramson said:

There are docks in game files as Navezgane-only, so I suspect there just needs to be a way to make them spawn using RWG.

I've done some of that by making a Tile that is most a big lake and then making dock POI to fit a unique footprint and tag so that RWG only puts docks on the lakefront.

But Riamus' suggestion of being able to "stick" a POI to a river, lake, or map edge would be very nice.

Something perhaps too ambitious would be allowing an RWG settlement to have a "river district" the let a river flow linearly through the settlement. The trick is now RWG has to arrange for both road and river connectivity. Current districts go together as either clumps or as a surrounding district.

zztong

zztong

4 hours ago, Eromivus said:

That is such a cool idea. I could see having more of a journey game mode, where you're trying to get to an army base / the other coast / whatever, and each map is 7 days culminating in an increasingly powerful horde. Survive that, and you can travel to an exit point to move to the next map. Something like that would be a really refreshing twist on the structure.

I'll sometimes play what I call a "sprint." The idea is that I start in one corner of the map and have to exit the map on the far corner by a certain time limit. I might give myself 2-3 game days to cross an 8k map. else I got caught by the horde and died. That's about 11km of travel. I can make it extend across multiple maps by generating a new world, briefly starting a new game, then copying my character from the previous game over. Others have suggested instead of crossing from corner to corner, walking the edge of an 8k map, so that would be about 30-32 km of travel on a single map.

41 minutes ago, FramFramson said:

There are docks in game files as Navezgane-only, so I suspect there just needs to be a way to make them spawn using RWG.

I've done some of that by making a Tile that is most a big lake and then making dock POI to fit a unique footprint and tag so that RWG only puts docks on the lakefront.

But Riamus' suggestion of being able to "stick" a POI to a river, lake, or map edge would be very nice.

Something perhaps too ambitious would be allowing an RWG settlement to have a "river district" the let a river flow linearly through the settlement. The trick is now RWG has to arrange for both road and river connectivity. Current districts go together as either clumps or as a surrounding district.