Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
RhinoW

RhinoW

27 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

No bandits in 21 Alphas?  If I remember correctly the first iteration of bandits were what the modders first used for their modded bandits.

There was also a new version of bandits in testing / development prior to the release of A21.

On the level design side, we talk about their implementation in levels all the time.  I know it sucks having to wait, but can assure you progress is being made.

You're talking about game files and dev-only stuff then, unless there have been bandits in the game before A12, I don't recall any update mentioning the addition of bandits. When I said attempts I meant attempts in an update release, similar to sleepers, we all remember how those started out and how they got adjusted over time. It's an alpha, alpha is to build the skeleton of the game.

Skills have been redone countless times, that's what alphas are for, testing and trying out stuff. No one would bat an eye if bandits were just simple ranged targets with a zombie cop behavior and got improved over time, it's part of the iteration process.

People play with janky bandit mods because they just like the idea of enemies besides animals and humans zombies*, even with all the jank and lack of proper support.

RhinoW

RhinoW

16 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

No bandits in 21 Alphas?  If I remember correctly the first iteration of bandits were what the modders first used for their modded bandits.

There was also a new version of bandits in testing / development prior to the release of A21.

On the level design side, we talk about their implementation in levels all the time.  I know it sucks having to wait, but can assure you progress is being made.

You're talking about game files and dev-only stuff then, unless there have been bandits in the game before A12, I don't recall any update mentioning the addition of bandits. When I said attempts I meant attempts in an update release, similar to sleepers, we all remember how those started out and how they got adjusted over time. It's an alpha, alpha is to build the skeleton of the game.

Skills have been redone countless times, that's what alphas are for, testing and trying out stuff. No one would bat an eye if bandits were just simple ranged targets with a zombie cop behavior and got improved over time, it's part of the iteration process.

People play with janky bandit mods because they just like the idea of enemies besides animals and humans, even with all the jank and lack of proper support.