Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
bdubyah

bdubyah

17 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

Idc If the graphics get lowered if we get more zombies

As we were talking about before, that isn't the problem. The game only has a handful of zombie types. There is barely any more stress having 10 of one zombie on screen versus 100 as far as graphics go, other than maybe the jiggle physics stuff they added. The AI is mostly what drags the game down when the zombie counts get high. They had mentioned making a simpler AI to use on horde nights but not sure if that is still the plan or not. They also said the smarter AI they gave zombies around A17 or so was testing it for when bandits came in, which made me think once they did add bandits, that zombies would go back to a simpler AI.

I wouldn't mind zombies staying smart during the day, or maybe just having sleepers spawn with the better AI so they can navigate buildings better, but horde night AI should be simpler. As it is, zombies try to get to your height first, then try to get close. They should reverse that and make them try to take a straight path to get close first, then worry about the height. That would make them more dangerous again as they wouldn't be as easy to cheese with pathing.

bdubyah

bdubyah

17 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

Idc If the graphics get lowered if we get more zombies

As we were talking about before, that isn't the problem. The game only has a handful of zombie types. There is barely any more stress having 10 of one zombie on screen versus 100 as far as graphics go. The AI is mostly what drags the game down when the zombie counts get high. They had mentioned making a simpler AI to use on horde nights but not sure if that is still the plan or not. They also said the smarter AI they gave zombies around A17 or so was testing it for when bandits came in, which made me think once they did add bandits, that zombies would go back to a simpler AI. I wouldn't mind zombies staying smart during the day, or maybe just having sleepers spawn with the better AI so they can navigate buildings better, but horde night AI should be simpler. As it is, zombies try to get to your height first, then try to get close. They should reverse that and make them try to take a straight path to get close first, then worry about the height. That would make them more dangerous again as they wouldn't be as easy to cheese with pathing.