Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
zztong

zztong

21 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Hope not stealth needs a anti as others have already. I play stealth  because it is my style but without the trigger and attack stealth is too OP.

Perhaps, though the triggers seem too absolute. At least when it is stealth vs a sleeper there are factors that can play into if detection happens: your perks, your armor, the mods on the armor, the lighting, the trash on the floor, and proximity. With a trigger you're 100% detected.

Now we can do things to avoid some triggers. Bypassing a door trigger is easy if you're willing to go through a wall, but then you may not be able to clear a POI until you go back and open the door. The trigger volumes are the ones I find sometimes find disappointing.

I like the stealth game, but I do admit sometimes it is too easy. So...

23 hours ago, jjh5874 said:

Do the poi trigger improvements take in to account stealth stats? like lower chances of zombies triggering in a POI if you have a certain level of a certain perk?

• I could see configurable zombie volumes where we can adjust stealth.
  • I also admit there are sleeper settings that I've never looked at that have something to do with how a sleeper perceives, I think.
  • I could see configurable light settings that adjusted the light modifier for stealth.
  • I could see adding a trip wire block that either made tin cans bang together or set off a grenade.
  • I could see some zombies "screaming" when they died such that other zombies were awaken.

I guess my point here is things like a trigger volume can be overused, and while stealth can be OP it is at least a mini-game that can be adjusted.

EDIT: The trigger volumes and door triggers aren't immune to stealth, of course. If you plan an escape path, you can trigger, flee, hide, return and stealth kill the zombies. There's already a kind of penalty for stealth. You clear slower. On the other hand, you conserve ammunition.

zztong

zztong

Hope not stealth needs a anti as others have already. I play stealth  because it is my style but without the trigger and attack stealth is too OP.

Perhaps, though the triggers seem too absolute. At least when it is stealth vs a sleeper there are factors that can play into if detection happens: your perks, your armor, the mods on the armor, the lighting, the trash on the floor, and proximity. With a trigger you're 100% detected.

Now we can do things to avoid some triggers. Bypassing a door trigger is easy if you're willing to go through a wall, but then you may not be able to clear a POI until you go back and open the door. The trigger volumes are the ones I find sometimes find disappointing.

23 hours ago, jjh5874 said:

Do the poi trigger improvements take in to account stealth stats? like lower chances of zombies triggering in a POI if you have a certain level of a certain perk?

• I also admit there are sleeper settings that I've never looked at that have something to do with how a sleeper perceives, I think.
  • I could see configurable light settings that adjusted the light modifier for stealth.
  • I could see adding a trip wire block that either made tin cans bang together or set off a grenade.
  • I could see some zombies "screaming" when they died such that other zombies were awaken.

I guess my point here is things like a trigger volume can be overused, and while stealth can be OP it is at least a mini-game that can be adjusted.

zztong

zztong

Perhaps, though the triggers seem too absolute. At least when it is stealth vs a sleeper, there's factors that can play into if detection happens: your perks, your armor, the mods on the armor, the lighting, the trash on the floor, and proximity. With a trigger you're 100% detected.

22 hours ago, jjh5874 said: