Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Roland

Roland

On 3/28/2024 at 4:05 PM, Riamus said:

it would at least not lead to everyone being exactly the same.

You mean all eight of you....?

I agree that coming up with a way for all the players on a modified server of 50 players to all look unique would be cool and if TFP has a plan for that then I'm not arguing against it. But I do wonder if people forget that this game officially supports at most eight people when they express dismay about fewer customization options. 

Even with the current system with layered clothing and armor--all with a dye slot for coloring, it seems like most people end up looking pretty samey anyway since there are only a limited number of outer armor sets. The new outfits look 1000% better, eliminate layering (which made everyone's outfit look puffy and bulky), bring the huge amount of mod slots available down to a better balanced amount, come in a much larger variety of sets than we currently have (counting what's viewable once armor is equipped and layers over the clothing beneath), and add bonuses that haven't existed before in clothing.  

Roland

Roland

On 3/28/2024 at 4:05 PM, Riamus said:

it would at least not lead to everyone being exactly the same.

You mean all eight of you....?

I agree that coming up with a way for all the players on a modified server of 50 players to all look unique would be cool and if TFP has a plan for that then I'm not arguing against it. But I do wonder if people forget that this game officially supports at most eight people when they express dismay about fewer customization options. 

Even with the current system with layered clothing and armor--all with a dye slot for coloring, it seems like most people end up looking pretty samey anyway since there are only a limited number of outer armor sets. The new outfits look 1000% better, eliminate layering (which made everyone's outfit look puffy and bulky), bring the huge amount of mod slots available down to a better balanced amount, come in a much larger variety of sets than we currently have (counting what's viewable once armor is equipped, and add bonuses that haven't existed before in clothing.