Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
khzmusik

khzmusik

20 hours ago, faatal said:

No plans to add back zombie looting. I find it tedious.

Block ambient occlusion has returned, so interiors are darker separate from ambient light. We still change the ambient light for indoor/outdoor, but subtle.

RE: zombie looting, my understanding is that looting would require the bodies be around longer, which degrades performance immensely.

RE: interior/exterior lighting. Is there any way to make this easily moddable? Perhaps not through XML, but at least through defining some variables in C# that modders could easily change through a simple Harmony patch or something?

I ask because, frankly, the way A21 handles interior lighting is exactly backwards from how our eyes actually work.

If your eyes are adjusted to exterior (brighter) ambient light, then the interior (darker) places should look darker than normal. When crossing into those spaces, the spaces initially look nearly pitch-black, but as your eyes adjust the interior spaces look brighter than normal. (And the exterior spaces look very bright, almost washed-out.)

But in game, when standing outside, dark interior spaces look like they're brightly lit. When transitioning into those spaces, they lose their lighting and look darker. Even worse: if you find a brightly-lit spot in that space and stand in it, the entire space suddenly becomes brightly lit. I find it incredibly annoying, and I have heard others express the same opinion.

Of course, you can make your game's lighting work however you like, I'm just asking for the ability of players or modders to override it.

EDIT: For example - my guess is there's probably some variable that controls how much darker it gets when you are in a dark space vs. a bright space. Simply allowing this value to be set via XML would mean we could just enter a negative number rather than a positive one, and that would solve most of the problems.

khzmusik

khzmusik

20 hours ago, faatal said:

No plans to add back zombie looting. I find it tedious.

Block ambient occlusion has returned, so interiors are darker separate from ambient light. We still change the ambient light for indoor/outdoor, but subtle.

RE: zombie looting, my understanding is that looting would require the bodies be around longer, which degrades performance immensely.

RE: interior/exterior lighting. Is there any way to make this easily moddable? Perhaps not through XML, but at least through defining some variables in C# that modders could easily change through a simple Harmony patch or something?

I ask because, frankly, the way A21 handles interior lighting is exactly backwards from how our eyes actually work.

If your eyes are adjusted to exterior (brighter) ambient light, then the interior (darker) places should look darker than normal. When crossing into those spaces, the spaces initially look nearly pitch-black, but as your eyes adjust the interior spaces look brighter than normal. (And the exterior spaces look very bright, almost washed-out.)

But in game, when standing outside, dark interior spaces look like they're brightly lit. When transitioning into those spaces, they lose their lighting and look darker. Even worse: if you find a brightly-lit spot in that space and stand in it, the entire space suddenly becomes brightly lit. I find it incredibly annoying, and I have heard others express the same opinion.

Of course, you can make your game's lighting work however you like, I'm just asking for the ability of players or modders to override it.