Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

1 hour ago, Riamus said:

I'm not really a fan of the lockpicking mini games as seen in games like Skyrim.  They are fine in a game where you don't pick many locks, but when almost every POI has at least one locked chest and potentially multiple safes, it would get old really fast.

For a game like this, I'd prefer to use the method of not being able to unlock something if you don't have enough skill but once you do have enough skill, you can unlock that level lock every time.  Better than Skyrim style where you can get lucky and unlock a max level lock on the first try with basically no skill if you luck out in where you place the lockpick.

Lockpicks can be single use to not make lockpicks last forever with max skill.

I agree, I hate mini-games with a vengeance.

The only thing I have to critizise about the lockpick system is that investing many points into it does not feel useful. Even fully specced it takes a long time and feels not much faster than unspecced. And in contrast the shotgun or pickaxe of a fully specced strength player seems as fast as a fully specced lockpick, but the points invested in the pickaxe seem to be better invested as the pickaxe has more uses.

meganoth

meganoth

1 hour ago, Riamus said:

I'm not really a fan of the lockpicking mini games as seen in games like Skyrim.  They are fine in a game where you don't pick many locks, but when almost every POI has at least one locked chest and potentially multiple safes, it would get old really fast.

For a game like this, I'd prefer to use the method of not being able to unlock something if you don't have enough skill but once you do have enough skill, you can unlock that level lock every time.  Better than Skyrim style where you can get lucky and unlock a max level lock on the first try with basically no skill if you luck out in where you place the lockpick.

Lockpicks can be single use to not make lockpicks last forever with max skill.

I agree, mini games for mini people 😁

The only thing I have to critizise about the lockpick system is that investing many points into it does not feel useful. Even fully specced it takes a long time and feels not much faster than unspecced. And in contrast the shotgun or pickaxe of a fully specced strength player seems as fast as a fully specced lockpick, but the points invested in the pickaxe seem to be better invested as the pickaxe has more uses.