Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
irongamer

irongamer

28 minutes ago, Riamus said:

I think you missed what was being said.  No one said there weren't *partial* set bonuses in games.  Many games have that.  What was said was that you did not get the *full* set bonus without having the full set equipped.  You might get a partial bonus, depending on the game, but not the full bonus.  Now, it was said Torchlight allows the full bonus without the full set.  There may even be a few others.  And, most likely, any that do give the full set bonus without the full set are games like Torchlight or Diablo that have an extremely large number of items you can find, making it extremely difficult to actually complete the set and so they allow you to get the bonus without having the full set.  That is a very different kind of game than this one, where you aren't likely to have any difficulty completing whatever set you want.  So it makes sense to only give the full set bonus to you if you're using the full set.

I was responding to this quote, "I concede that there is at least one game that does not require you to get all the pieces of an armor collection for the set bonus." So there was some question about that.  I was just mentioning there are good number of games in the past/present that do.  I really don't care how Fun Pimps implement it.

irongamer

irongamer

25 minutes ago, Riamus said:

I think you missed what was being said.  No one said there weren't *partial* set bonuses in games.  Many games have that.  What was said was that you did not get the *full* set bonus without having the full set equipped.  You might get a partial bonus, depending on the game, but not the full bonus.  Now, it was said Torchlight allows the full bonus without the full set.  There may even be a few others.  And, most likely, any that do give the full set bonus without the full set are games like Torchlight or Diablo that have an extremely large number of items you can find, making it extremely difficult to actually complete the set and so they allow you to get the bonus without having the full set.  That is a very different kind of game than this one, where you aren't likely to have any difficulty completing whatever set you want.  So it makes sense to only give the full set bonus to you if you're using the full set.

I was responding to this quote, "I concede that there is at least one game that does not require you to get all the pieces of an armor collection for the set bonus." So there was some question about that.  I was just mentioning there are good number of games in the past that do.  I really don't care how Fun Pimps implement it.