Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Ricowan

Ricowan

On 2/23/2024 at 8:01 AM, Ricowan said:

I'm kinda glad bandits are being delayed.  I don't want them in my zombie survival game and I will disable them (if it's an option) or mod them out as soon as a version is released with them in it.

On 2/23/2024 at 8:08 AM, beerfly said:

Why is that, just curious ?

It adds another form of survival element that we have deal with for many of us. 

On 2/23/2024 at 8:14 AM, SylenThunder said:

I'm sure a mod will be available to disable them. However they are rather critical to the story of the game, and you won't be able to do the main story questline without them.

OK, I'll try to keep this short.  :tongue:

Zombies in this game, for the vast majority, are melee.  Their AI is melee focused (as it should be, cop vomit is stupid).  The code logic for this is fairly simple, and internally consistent with how I feel zombies should behave.

Bandits will, as I understand it, be ranged focused.  EVERY game that has ranged NPC enemies have to cheat in order to make them a challenge.  They shoot through terrain and/or objects, often they *see* through terrain and/or objects.  They see you instantly, etc.  I hate them.

Maybe it's possible to make them challenging without resorting to these things, but I'm biased by the last 20 years of games doing me wrong.  :lol: 

I don't care about a story line, especially in a sandbox game.  Background lore is fine, and we don't need bandits to exist for lore to be filled out.

Ricowan

Ricowan

On 2/23/2024 at 8:01 AM, Ricowan said:

I'm kinda glad bandits are being delayed.  I don't want them in my zombie survival game and I will disable them (if it's an option) or mod them out as soon as a version is released with them in it.

On 2/23/2024 at 8:08 AM, beerfly said:

Why is that, just curious ?

It adds another form of survival element that we have deal with for many of us. 

On 2/23/2024 at 8:14 AM, SylenThunder said:

I'm sure a mod will be available to disable them. However they are rather critical to the story of the game, and you won't be able to do the main story questline without them.

OK, I'll try to keep this short.  :tongue:

Zombies in this game, for the vast majority, are melee.  Their AI is melee focused (as it should be, cop vomit is stupid).  The code logic for this is fairly simple, and internally consistent with how I feel zombies should behave.

Bandits will, as I understand it, be ranged focused.  EVERY game that has ranged NPC enemies have to cheat in order to make them a challenge.  They shoot through terrain and/or objects, often they *see* through terrain and/or objects.  They see you instantly, etc.  I hate them.

Maybe it's possible to make them challenging without resorting to these things, but I'm biased by the last 20 years of games doing me wrong.  :lol: