Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
zztong

zztong

17 hours ago, 8_Hussars said:

In general I like to assume all water is contaminated and should be filtered for particulates (and parasites) as well as being treated (filtration and boiling/chemicals) for bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens.

Me too. I have bottled water (the variety coming from boiling and normal dew collectors) as having a chance of dysentery -- enough that Iron Gut can eliminate. Only the game's "mineral water" is what I consider to be drinking water and it is made at a chemistry station which I assume includes a still.

I do like the multiple tiers idea and the progression you layout. If I had any criticism, it would be that we don't have multiple tiers of workstations now -- arguably, having multiple tiers for cooking sounds good to me. (Campfire > Wood Burning Stove > Electric Range) -- but that's not where TFP has gone. Instead, I think giving the Dew Collector slots for tools fits the spirit of the current workstation design. Then a filter (or even multiple tiers of filters) could do cool things.

BTW (trivia), I recently designed a POI where the entire POI is one giant Dew Collector. See below...

Watering_Hole_02.thumb.jpg.59ddce2de955e9749434ca79d963d30f.jpg

zztong

zztong

16 hours ago, 8_Hussars said:

In general I like to assume all water is contaminated and should be filtered for particulates (and parasites) as well as being treated (filtration and boiling/chemicals) for bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens.

Me too. I have bottled water (the variety coming from boiling and normal dew collectors) as having a chance of dysentery -- enough that Iron Gut can eliminate. Only the game's "mineral water" is what I consider to be drinking water and it is made at a chemistry station which I assume includes a still.

I do like the multiple tiers idea and the progression you layout. If I had any criticism, it would be that we don't have multiple tiers of workstations now -- arguably, having multiple tiers for cooking sounds good to me. (Campfire > Wood Burning Stove > Electric Range) -- but that's not where TFP has gone. Instead, I think giving the Dew Collector slots for tools fits the spirit of the current workstation design. Then a filter (or even multiple tiers of filters) could do cool things.

I recently designed a POI where the entire POI is one giant Dew Collector. See below...

Watering_Hole_02.thumb.jpg.59ddce2de955e9749434ca79d963d30f.jpg