Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Scyris

Scyris

On 3/27/2024 at 11:04 AM, ParadiseLostUK said:

Well, that works well because we've got also got the same people criticising the same devs for the same things too. 😁

My main issue is basically how the game hasn't really gone anywhere since like alpha 10. I mean sure it got prettier, but essentally its the same gameplay with very little to change it up besides rendering certain playstyles unuseable. Steel for example has been the highest tier since I started playing in a10.2 and still has not been replaced with something higher. Least I think steel was in 10.2, we need a new tier of items/weapons/ammo above steel, and new zombies to kill with it and resources to collect. Then we have the pois that make no sense being one way dungeons, and the really artifical feeling placement of zombie sleepers. There is a problem with poi design when you can go into a poi you never been in and already know where the zombies will come from because they always come from there in every poi. besies, who the hell turns their house into a dungeon in the apocalpyse? it makes no sense really and just feels overly fake. Yeah yeah I know realism in aa zombie game is silly, but i mean come on... who is going to turn their house into these poi's in the apocalpyse? I mean they may block the main door/windows, but the inside will prob be pretty open still and not a maze. It just looks silly that almost every poi follows this design.

I mostly play the game modded because vanilla is so mindnumbingly boring as its not gone anywhere in like 8+ years. I mean if one guy can add like 4 new tiers of zombies and 3 new tiers of gear that looks decent enough in a mod there is no reason why TFP cannot do this. I usually play vanilla once or twice per new alpha mostly to check performance then I never touch it again until the mods I like get updated for it, as vanilla is just too boring/short. Alot of the features 7dtd has now were honestly taken from mods, as most of them were avail in a mod sometimes years before the vanilla game finally got them. We had weapon mods for example back in alpha 15 or so from a mod, yeah they didn't work as well as it does now as it basically generated a new item with that effect and the mod was not removeable, but it still existed.

Now before you say "You play modded so why do you care about vanilla?" as that is the usual defense people try to make, I care because I used to love vanilla, but its just been going more and more downhill with each alpha, it could be so much more than it currently is, but from what I've seen the dev team seems unintersted in really making the game what it could be. Its a shame cuz the game could have been so much better.

Scyris

Scyris

On 3/27/2024 at 11:04 AM, ParadiseLostUK said:

Well, that works well because we've got also got the same people criticising the same devs for the same things too. 😁

My main issue is basically how the game hasn't really gone anywhere since like alpha 10. I mean sure it got prettier, but essentally its the same gameplay with very little to change it up besides rendering certain playstyles unuseable. Steel for example has been the highest tier since I started playing in a10.2 and still has not been replaced with something higher. Least I think steel was in 10.2, we need a new tier of items/weapons/ammo above steel, and new zombies to kill with it and resources to collect. Then we have the pois that make no sense being one way dungeons, and the really artifical feeling placement of zombie sleepers. There is a problem with poi design when you can go into a poi you never been in and already know where the zombies will come from because they always come from there in every poi. besies, who the hell turns their house into a dungeon in the apocalpyse? it makes no sense really and just feels overly fake. Yeah yeah I know realism in aa zombie game is silly, but i mean come on... who is going to turn their house into these poi's in the apocalpyse? I mean they may block the main door/windows, but the inside will prob be pretty open still and not a maze. It just looks silly that almost every poi follows this design.

I mostly play the game modded because vanilla is so mindnumbingly boring as its not gone anywhere in like 8+ years. I mean if one guy can add like 4 new tiers of zombies and 3 new tiers of gear that looks decent enough in a mod there is no reason why TFP cannot do this. I usually play vanilla once or twice per new alpha mostly to check performance then I never touch it again until the mods I like get updated for it, as vanilla is just too boring/short. Alot of the features 7dtd has now were honestly taken from mods, as most of them were avail in a mod sometimes years before the vanilla game finally got them. We had weapon mods for example back in alpha 15 or so from a mod, yeah they didn't work as well as it does now as it basically generated a new item with that effect and the mod was not removeable, but it still existed.