How could I enable keyboard steering for ground vehicles in mouse steering mode?

So, driving the 4x4 has been kind of sending me batty.

Using mouselook prevents you from looking around as you drive, but using the keyboard is SO much worse for some reason (I have a fairly high mouse sensitivity, so I dunno, but that's not something I'm going to change), it's less smooth, less responsive and far less precise. It's trivial to spin out using the keyboard and almost impossible using mouselook. I have no idea why.

What I would like to do is continue using mouse to steer, but ALSO be able to use the keyboard, for situations when I want to oversteer or I'm doing something like parking in a narrow space, but mainly because in the 4x4 I expect the arrow keys to do something, rather than the extremely clunky steering swap. Is this possible at all with an .xml file? For JUST the 4x4 (or, in theory, mod-added cars & trucks), without affecting other vehicles?

Basically I'd rather the game allow to just do what I'm trying to do naturally, rather than futilely keep trying to train myself into an uncomfortable control scheme.

EDIT: Clarified title.

Edited by FramFramson (see edit history)

• FramFramson changed the title to How could I enable keyboard steering for ground vehicles in mouse steering mode?