Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

On 1/20/2024 at 1:23 PM, pApA^LeGBa said:

Look at 99% of all other survival games. Water isn´t an issue there. Not even in the really hard ones.

If they want more and harder survival gameplay there is other things they should do.

There is no indication they want **harder** gameplay. Or even **more** survival. I would guess this is just polishing the game to remove micro-mamagement without at least some form of gameplay involved.

Probably those 99% of survival games without water issues leave out water and the need to drink completely.

And that is probably the choice TFP had as well: Either remove water and thirst as they don't contribute to gameplay, or add a mechanic that makes it into a typical survival item that is somewhat scarce and needs to be collected, like anything else. Actually it is a resource that is almost exactly as scarce or plentiful as food, i.e. veterans complain there is too much of it and new players complain that they don't find enough.

meganoth

meganoth

Look at 99% of all other survival games. Water isn´t an issue there. Not even in the really hard ones.

If they want more and harder survival gameplay there is other things they should do.

There is no indication they want **harder** gameplay. Or even **more** survival. I would guess this is just polishing the game to remove micro-mamagement without at least some form of gameplay involved.

Probably other survival games without water issues leave out water and the need to drink completely.

And that is probably the choice TFP had as well: Either remove water and thirst as they don't contribute to gameplay, or add a mechanic that makes it into a typical survival item that is somewhat scarce and needs to be collected, like anything else. Actually it is a resource that is almost exactly as scarce or plentiful as food, i.e. veterans complain there is too much of it and new players complain that they don't find enough.

meganoth

meganoth

I may be wrong here, but probably other survival games without water issues generally leave out water and the need to drink completely.