Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
BFT2020

BFT2020

Added handguns example

9 hours ago, FramFramson said:

The first issue was I wanted to increase the stack size for ONLY cat & dog food cans among canned items, so I have these lines which worked for most items:

<set xpath="/items/item[@name='foodCanCatfood']/property[@name='Stacknumber']/@value">20</set> <!-- Default 10 -->
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='foodCanDogfood']/property[@name='Stacknumber']/@value">20</set> <!-- Default 10 -->

I understand that even in the vanilla item system, most canned goods are actually written as an extension of the beef can rather than being fully listed separately, so I assume that's overriding these lines? Is there a way I can change the stack size of just these two cans and leave the rest alone?

Since those don't have those properties (they pull it from foodCanBeef), you need to add them to the item, not set.  So do something like:

<insertAfter xpath="//item[@name='foodCanCatfood']/property[@name='Extends']">

<property name="Stacknumber"  value="20"/>

</insertAfter>

9 hours ago, FramFramson said:

<item name="resourceBulletCasingBundle">
            <property name="Extends" value="resourceRockSmallBundle"/>
            <property name="CustomIcon" value="resourceBulletCasing"/>
            <property class="Action0">
            <property name="Create_item" value="resourceBulletCasing"/>
            <property name="Create_item_count" value="1000"/>
            </property>
</item>

=================

<recipe name="resourceBulletCasingBundle" count="1" craft_time="3" craft_exp_gain="0">
			<ingredient name="resourceBulletCasing" count="1000"/>
</recipe>

(first part in items.xml, second part in recipes.xml, which is probably obvious)

So a small question is, if I want the bundle mini-icon (the small one, in the top left of the larger item inventory icon) changed so that it's a box (like ammunition boxes have) and not the open chest like you get on resource bundles, how do I do that for the three bundle items? Would I have to add in whole code and not just have them as an extension of the rock bundle?

Which comes to the larger question, which is if I have to use some other bundle as the basis for an extension, which should I use? Explosives perk level (similarly to gunpowder?) or something else? Or should I use some alternate entirely new condition?

Use ammoBundleMaster for your extends rather than resourceRockSmallBundle.  That should give you the boxes instead.

Then if you want to add custom unlocks for them, you just need to add that to the individual items.  In my crafting mod, I removed the ammo bundle crafting unlocks from the perk books and put them in the crafting trees (so now you have to find the magazines to unlock bulk 9mm ball crafting for example).

Here is how I setup my new handgun crafting in progression (note I removed the old one and inserted a new one since I made a lot of changes to crafting - Q6 crafting and tied in ammo / mods unlocks to the various crafting skill trees):

<!-- *** HANDGUN_SKILLS -->
    <crafting_skill name="craftingHandguns" max_level="118" parent="attCrafting" name_key="craftingHandgunsName" desc_key="craftingHandgunsDesc" long_desc_key="craftingHandgunsLongDesc" icon="ui_game_symbol_pistol">

<display_entry icon="gunHandgunT0PipePistol" name_key="harvestToolsStone" has_quality="true" unlock_level="1,4,7,10,13,16" >
            <unlock_entry item="gunHandgunT0PipePistol" unlock_tier="1" />
        </display_entry>
        <display_entry icon="gunHandgunT1Pistol" name_key="BFTHandgunsT1" has_quality="true" unlock_level="19,23,27,31,35,39" >
            <unlock_entry item="gunHandgunT1Pistol" unlock_tier="1" />
            <unlock_entry item="modGunFlashlight,ammo9mmBulletBall" unlock_tier="2" />
            <unlock_entry item="modGunMagazineExtender" unlock_tier="3" />
            <unlock_entry item="modGunLaserSight,ammo9mmBulletHP,ammoBundle9mmBulletBall" unlock_tier="4" />
            <unlock_entry item="modGunTriggerGroupBurst3" unlock_tier="5" />
            <unlock_entry item="ammoBundle9mmBulletHP" unlock_tier="6" />                    
        </display_entry>
        <display_entry icon="gunHandgunT2Magnum44" name_key="BFTHandgunsT2" has_quality="true" unlock_level="42,47,52,57,62,67" >
            <unlock_entry item="gunHandgunT2Magnum44" unlock_tier="1" />
            <unlock_entry item="ammo44MagnumBulletBall" unlock_tier="2" />
            <unlock_entry item="ammo44MagnumBulletHP,ammoBundle44MagnumBulletBall" unlock_tier="4" />
            <unlock_entry item="ammoBundle44MagnumBulletHP" unlock_tier="6" />    
        </display_entry>
        <display_entry icon="gunHandgunT3SMG5" name_key="BFTHandgunsT3" has_quality="true" unlock_level="70,76,82,88,94,100" >
            <unlock_entry item="gunHandgunT3SMG5" unlock_tier="1" />
            <unlock_entry item="ammo9mmBulletAP" unlock_tier="2" />
            <unlock_entry item="modGunTriggerGroupAutomatic" unlock_tier="3" />
            <unlock_entry item="modGunReflexSight" unlock_tier="5" />
            <unlock_entry item="ammoBundle9mmBulletAP,modGunSoundSuppressorSilencer" unlock_tier="6" />
        </display_entry>
        <display_entry icon="gunHandgunT3DesertVulture" name_key="BFTHandgunsT4" has_quality="true" unlock_level="88,94,100,106,112,118" >
            <unlock_entry item="gunHandgunT3DesertVulture" unlock_tier="1" />
            <unlock_entry item="ammo44MagnumBulletAP" unlock_tier="2" />
            <unlock_entry item="ammoBundle44MagnumBulletAP" unlock_tier="6" />
        </display_entry>

<effect_group>
            <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="1,118" value="1" tags="gunHandgunT0PipePistol"/>
            <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="19,118" value="1" tags="gunHandgunT1Pistol"/>
            <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="23,118" value="1" tags="modGunFlashlight,ammo9mmBulletBall"/>
            <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="27,118" value="1" tags="modGunMagazineExtender"/>    
            <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="31,118" value="1" tags="modGunLaserSight,ammo9mmBulletHP,ammoBundle9mmBulletBall"/>    
            <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="35,118" value="1" tags="modGunTriggerGroupBurst3"/>
            <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="39,118" value="1" tags="ammoBundle9mmBulletHP"/>
            <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="42,118" value="1" tags="gunHandgunT2Magnum44"/>
            <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="47,118" value="1" tags="ammo44MagnumBulletBall"/>        
            <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="57,118" value="1" tags="ammo44MagnumBulletHP,ammoBundle44MagnumBulletBall"/>        
            <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="67,118" value="1" tags="ammoBundle44MagnumBulletHP"/>        
            <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="70,118" value="1" tags="gunHandgunT3SMG5"/>
            <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="76,118" value="1" tags="ammo9mmBulletAP"/>
            <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="82,118" value="1" tags="modGunTriggerGroupAutomatic"/>    
            <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="88,118" value="1" tags="gunHandgunT3DesertVulture"/>                
            <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="94,118" value="1" tags="modGunReflexSight,ammo44MagnumBulletAP"/>
            <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="100,118" value="1" tags="ammoBundle9mmBulletAP,modGunSoundSuppressorSilencer"/>                    
            <passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="118,118" value="1" tags="ammoBundle44MagnumBulletAP"/>    

<passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="4,7,10,13,16,118" value="1,2,3,4,5,5" tags="gunHandgunT0PipePistol"/>
            <passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="23,27,31,35,39,118" value="1,2,3,4,5,5" tags="gunHandgunT1Pistol"/>
            <passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="47,52,57,62,67,118" value="1,2,3,4,5,5" tags="gunHandgunT2Magnum44"/>            
            <passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="76,82,88,94,100,118" value="1,2,3,4,5,5" tags="gunHandgunT3SMG5"/>
            <passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="94,100,106,112,118" value="1,2,3,4,5" tags="gunHandgunT3DesertVulture"/>            
        </effect_group>
    </crafting_skill>

I am still working on it which is why you see some errors in the locationalization parts

BFT2020

BFT2020

8 hours ago, FramFramson said:

The first issue was I wanted to increase the stack size for ONLY cat & dog food cans among canned items, so I have these lines which worked for most items:

<set xpath="/items/item[@name='foodCanCatfood']/property[@name='Stacknumber']/@value">20</set> <!-- Default 10 -->
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='foodCanDogfood']/property[@name='Stacknumber']/@value">20</set> <!-- Default 10 -->

I understand that even in the vanilla item system, most canned goods are actually written as an extension of the beef can rather than being fully listed separately, so I assume that's overriding these lines? Is there a way I can change the stack size of just these two cans and leave the rest alone?

Since those don't have those properties (they pull it from foodCanBeef), you need to add them to the item, not set.  So do something like:

<insertAfter xpath="//item[@name='foodCanCatfood']/property[@name='Extends']">

<property name="Stacknumber"  value="20"/>

</insertAfter>

8 hours ago, FramFramson said:

<item name="resourceBulletCasingBundle">
            <property name="Extends" value="resourceRockSmallBundle"/>
            <property name="CustomIcon" value="resourceBulletCasing"/>
            <property class="Action0">
            <property name="Create_item" value="resourceBulletCasing"/>
            <property name="Create_item_count" value="1000"/>
            </property>
</item>

=================

<recipe name="resourceBulletCasingBundle" count="1" craft_time="3" craft_exp_gain="0">
			<ingredient name="resourceBulletCasing" count="1000"/>
</recipe>

(first part in items.xml, second part in recipes.xml, which is probably obvious)

So a small question is, if I want the bundle mini-icon (the small one, in the top left of the larger item inventory icon) changed so that it's a box (like ammunition boxes have) and not the open chest like you get on resource bundles, how do I do that for the three bundle items? Would I have to add in whole code and not just have them as an extension of the rock bundle?

Which comes to the larger question, which is if I have to use some other bundle as the basis for an extension, which should I use? Explosives perk level (similarly to gunpowder?) or something else? Or should I use some alternate entirely new condition?

Use ammoBundleMaster for your extends rather than resourceRockSmallBundle.  That should give you the boxes instead.

Then if you want to add custom unlocks for them, you just need to add that to the individual items.  In my crafting mod, I removed the ammo bundle crafting unlocks from the perk books and put them in the crafting trees (so now you have to find the magazines to unlock bulk 9mm ball crafting for example).